How to list a course I did not accept AP credit, but took the class while in college?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scubadiva, Jul 18, 2001.

1. scubadiva

scubadiva postwhore

I am not sure how to list one of my courses. I took the AP exam for Calculus and my college accepted the credit, but I decided to take the exact same calculus course for which I received the transfer credits becaus I knew that most med schools required a full year of calculus, and I did not want to take Calc 2 and calc 3. So instead, I just took calc 1 and calc 2. I'm not sure whether or not to list the grade that I received in college or to just not list the course as AP credit (but then that would prompt an investigation since I'm required to list ALL courses). The application will not let me enter the course twice for credit. I can either enter the calc course as AP credit or as a college credited class, but not both since it technically is a duplicate class. Count it as exempt or a repeat? Sorry, if this is really confusing...just let me know. Thanks for any help. This is the last thing and I can finally send off this darn thing :) Thanks a bunch for any help!!!null

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IlliniEMT1

IlliniEMT1 Member

Medical Student
    I had the same kinda deal with physics AP credit, and I took the class anyways. Even though it appears on the transcript, my school doesnt give me the credit hours for the AP cuz I took the class. So I just didnt list the AP credit at all, because it is essentially worthless anyways. I only listed the class (which was nice cuz i aced it :) They can investigate all they want- its not like you made anything up. let them sort out the inadequacies of their stupid application...

4. scubadiva

scubadiva postwhore

Thanks! What I guess I'm going to do is just list that I took an AP math class, but I didn't specificy what type of math, so that dumb application allowed me to list both my college calculus course and my AP calc course. Thanks for the input! :)