How to list research on CAS app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dropshotdragon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a paper that is is being written and will be submitted to a journal after the residency application deadline (later this fall). The title and the order of the authors have not been properly decided yet. Obviously, I cannot wait for this before submitting; what is the format by which I should submit it?

I have heard the phrase (manuscript in preparation) at the end of your title of your article is the way to go. Is this good advice?

Example of what I'm talking about:

PRP use in diabetic retinopathy (manuscript in preparation). Future submission to Timbuktu Journal of Ophthalmology in October 2009.

Does anyone know if the admission committees are picky about this stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

what i did (although slightly different scenario) i knew that i was submitting and most of them i had submitted the initial manuscript and was getting the returns for editing, etc so what i put was at the end "Submitted for publication to ___________." instead of the "future publication in..." i think as long as you have that it is a project that you were very serious about completing (i.e. seeing it thru publication) that's what the committee's want to pick up on... good luck! :luck:

Hi there,

I know this may come late, but I am new to the forum and just reading posts. Different headings I used, in order, are:

- Manuscript in preparation when paper is beign written
- Submitted or under review when youve sent it
- Accepted when they tell u to do edits/revisions/saying they will accept it after you do those edits - you know it will get accepted sooner than later
- In press - when it HAS been accepted finally but not yet published
- ON line publication if its on website but not in journal yet

Hope this helps!