theguy714

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
dear M-GATO ers

so heres where i am at 9 P 7 V 9 B (conservative score) ive had higher but id like to keep is ideal... anyways...

im taking about 3 diags a week.. im going up but slowly... and im finding my self making stupied errors that jeopordize my scores

i.e. conformational change in protein = teritary structure.. bah!

so my question is WHAT DO I DO! to make that jump... to get rid of the careless errors and be more efficient... I am finishing bio almost 20 min early and physics about 1 min early

thanks

coralfangs

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status
review all ur **** first

cuz from my experience, u wont improve unless u r in control of the material

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
I found when I took diagnostics that a significant number of questions I missed were simply from misunderstanding/misreading the question stem or answer choices. So don't speedread through the question, take your time, and cut out all errors due to stupid mistakes like that.

Otherwise, like the last poster said, you gotta have every major concept down cold. Know your hormones like the lyrics to your favorite song and be confident that you have mastered the basic science material before you walk into the test.

If you're careful and know your science you should score satisfactorily!

MyInitialsAreJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
Status
Pre-Medical
i think youre probably taking way too many practice tests. i'd take maybe one a week. study the science for 5-6 days and then a practice test to see what youve gotten better on.

then comb through the practice test to learn what you got wrong and reinforce what you got right.

i cant imagine taking that 3 full length tests a week doing much good.

About the Ads