How to match EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a MS1, I am pretty sure that I want to go EM. Having prior experience in the er has influenced my decision. My question is this... as residents or students interested in EM what would be your suggestions on being a competitve applicant? Looking back, what would you have done differently and what did you feel was beneficial?
Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the book is called "Rules of the Road"...

Originally posted by anonymousEM
there's a book put out by AAEM that is helpful, available for free on their website (www.emstudent.org). Also, look at www.emra.org for helpful information.

Thanks! That's helpful. And yes, Scrubbs, it is called "Rules of the Road". Good stuff.

EMRA has a great site for students, make sure you check it out. Also try www.saem.org, they have a student section about what you should look for.

Consider joining EMRA and AAEM, both supply you with lots of information about applying. When I joined EMRA my end of my 2nd year, they sent me a book "Medical Student's Survival Guide." it helped a LOT! And was especially helpful on interviews...

Q

Thanks so much you guys!!