how to notify school im currently RETAKING class over summer?

skylark

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys, im retaking organic chem lab (got a C- first time around) since some schools dont accept C-. how do i tell them im retaking it right now over summer? im sending in aadsas today; is there a spot on there? or do i call schools and tell them to make a note in my file?...update them with a transcript after i get my summer grades? etc?

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
hey guys, im retaking organic chem lab (got a C- first time around) since some schools dont accept C-. how do i tell them im retaking it right now over summer? im sending in aadsas today; is there a spot on there? or do i call schools and tell them to make a note in my file?...update them with a transcript after i get my summer grades? etc?
Indicate it on the "in progress/planned" section of coursework.

OP
skylark

skylark

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
ok thanks i did that. but should i call schools to let them know that my situation too? to make it more obvious so they dont just automatically reject me when they see that C- ?

4thMolar

5+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
ok thanks i did that. but should i call schools to let them know that my situation too? to make it more obvious so they dont just automatically reject me when they see that C- ?
Yeah you can try calling schools, although they will probably be very busy with things since the application cycle is under way now. You can also ask them if you can send in an updated summer transcript directly to their office with your updated orgo lab grade.