QAtoPA

Removed
Jun 20, 2009
California
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello Everyone-

As you guys might have read, I am in the process of leaving my QA job and find a job in the health care field where I can accumulate my hrs and gain further med experience.

The problem is that I cant find jobs in health care that I could apply for. I have my EMT-1 and CNA so the ideal job would be doing something in a hospital ER or in an urgent care; even working at a doctors office would be great.

What route should I take in terms of looking for a job as such? I have visited the hospitals websites, newspapers and nothing. I was thinking of sending my resume and a cover letter with my intentions to a few urgent care centers or doctor's offices and see what happens there. Most Doctors want MAs, but I am sure with my EMT-1 and CNA I can function as one and am always willing to learn or get trained on new things.

As I said, I dont know what approach to take to find a job doing what I mentioned above. I live in Central California (San Joaquin Valley), I thought I would note this for you guys.

Thanks,

Eduardo

foreverLaur

MSN, RN, CNE
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2007
Ohio
Status
  1. Non-Student
Have you checked all the local hospitals? The ones in my area have over 50 postings for nurse aids, but called a variety of different things.

Patient Support Assistant
Patient Care Assistant
Patient Care Nursing Assistant

etc etc etc

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads