how to pass naplex in 3 weeks only???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obe1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
I have a concern and I dont know if you guys agree with it or not.
recently, I have read some posts here and on Facebook for some ppl who passed naplex after 3 weeks studying only. is this really possible?

I mean I have the rxprep book and questions bank and I think that it really needs 2-3 month to study it.

IS it that easy to pass naplex with 3 weeks studying only?
do some pharmacy schools play a role in preparing their students in the way that they needs only 3 weeks to study and pass?

Members don't see this ad.

If you study for 8-12 hours straight for 3 weeks with no breaks, maybe... Realistically minimum 4 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Pharmacy schools do a lot to prepare you. They should get you most of the way there; however, the exam is expensive, and smart people can and do fail.

I didn't finish the RxPrep book or question bank before I took the exam because I ran out of time. I don't think you can comfortably finish the RxPrep book and question bank in 3 weeks unless you are spending all or most of your time on that, but you may not need to finish everything. It depends on your comfort with certain subjects (ID, DM, HTN, Onc, HIV, maybe some others). I had a lot of rotations in diabetes care and education that prepared me well for the exam topics I ran into. I also had a couple oncology rotations although that topic didn't feature heavily on my exam. Try the Pre-NAPLEX to get a ball park for your score.

Reactions: 2 users
It is a minimum competency exam. Most people can pass it right after graduation without studying at all...the only thing most people need to brush up on is math/stats so give them a few days for that.

Peope that are not foreign grads and went to established pharmacy schools should be able to pass this exam without too much studying.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacy schools do a lot to prepare you. They should get you most of the way there; however, the exam is expensive, and smart people can and do fail.

I didn't finish the RxPrep book or question bank before I took the exam because I ran out of time. I don't think you can comfortably finish the RxPrep book and question bank in 3 weeks unless you are spending all or most of your time on that, but you may not need to finish everything. It depends on your comfort with certain subjects (ID, DM, HTN, Onc, HIV, maybe some others). I had a lot of rotations in diabetes care and education that prepared me well for the exam topics I ran into. I also had a couple oncology rotations although that topic didn't feature heavily on my exam. Try the Pre-NAPLEX to get a ball park for your score.
exactly ...this explains how 3 weeks is enough for some ppl to pass the test with 3 digits. no one can effectively study and answer( HIV ID ONCO...) questions correctly after 3 weeks studying, that is possible only when pharmacy schools focus on those heavy concepts earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
It is a minimum competency exam. Most people can pass it right after graduation without studying at all...the only thing most people need to brush up on is math/stats so give them a few days for that.

Peope that are not foreign grads and went to established pharmacy schools should be able to pass this exam without too much studying.
I am foreign graduate and I think we should approach the exam different way.. 3 weeks is not enough to prepare I guess. we did not get a lot of clinical training or rotations like here

I did it in 3 weeks and passed with triple digits. To be honest the RXPrep question bank is a lot harder than what is presented to you during the NAPLEX. If you are on a time crunch honestly just go over the RXPrep book and if you are able to answer the questions after the chapter that is more than sufficient. Majority of the test is calculations and reviewing the problems in the book is more than enough to get a passing score. To be honest, in the 3 weeks I didnt study every day due to work and took additional days off of studying for other things. The only things I reviewed was the RXPrep book. Pharmacy school should have prepared you for the major chapters such as anticoag, HF, COPD, HTN, HLD, DM, and ID. HIV and Oncology just know the basics.

Last edited:
It's a minimum competency exam tailored for ALL practicing pharmacists (mind you, most pharmacists work retail). I studied for less than 10 days (read through RxPrep twice, did the 120 SDN calculations) and passed with a score >115.

Several of my rotation site preceptors (graduated w/i last 5 years) say they didn't even study for the NAPLEX and took it immediately following graduation.

The test isn't rocket science, if you were awake and half-paying attention during class, you'll pass. The BOP just wants to make sure you're not gonna kill/hurt someone. It's not about how long or how much you study for, it's about studying smart and focusing on the appropriate sections.