How to pass the time until match day...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denimfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol PM me. I got stuff to help you pass the time :)

Seriously though, finish as much dissertation as you can then enjoy time with your friends. People are moving soon so savor the time with them.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've mostly spent the time curled in the fetal position, rocking slowly back and forth, and quietly sobbing.

Reactions: 1 users
Dissertation!!!! Do it. Get it done as much as possible. Internship is HARD. Having to do internship and dissertation is the number one cause of intern meltdowns at my site.

Reactions: 4 users
One month! We can do it! Im gonna focus on working hard at my current site, making as much progress on dissertation as possible, and trying to save money for a move (in anticipation of best case scenario, my dream site is quite far from home).

Reactions: 2 users
Get your dissertation as far as possible bc it can be a red flag to fellowships/post-docs if it looks like you will struggle to finish on time. Mix in some fun things too bc you need to enjoy some of the time too. I took salsa lessons and golfed. I highly recommend both. :D

Get your dissertation as far as possible bc it can be a red flag to fellowships/post-docs if it looks like you will struggle to finish on time. Mix in some fun things too bc you need to enjoy some of the time too. I took salsa lessons and golfed. I highly recommend both. :D

How about I just eat some salsa while I golf instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, no golf here either. Salsa is easy to make, I've got a killer recipe for charred tomatillo and poblano salsa though that I should whip up again.

When I go homemade, I prefer a mango habenero cilantro salsa. I used to have access to a nearly unlimited supply of mangos, so I got creative w many mango related dishes. :laugh:

Yeah, no golf here either. Salsa is easy to make, I've got a killer recipe for charred tomatillo and poblano salsa though that I should whip up again.

That salsa sounds amazing.

I'm working on on dissertation and papers! And pretending I'm not as anxious as I actually am.

Adding to the chorus of "finish your dissertation". I knew someone who didn't finish their dissertation on internship, was allowed to stay on at their UCC internship site as a "postdoc" anyway (obviously not actually accruing hours), and still didn't finish their dissertation during the "postdoc" year. I believe that they finally finished ~2 years after their "postdoc" (in their 10th year in the program). Last I heard, they left the field and never used their degree or got licensed. I bet the extreme dissertation inertia was part of that.

Well rankings are due in about 10 minutes, good luck all!

Adding to the chorus of "finish your dissertation". I knew someone who didn't finish their dissertation on internship, was allowed to stay on at their UCC internship site as a "postdoc" anyway (obviously not actually accruing hours), and still didn't finish their dissertation during the "postdoc" year. I believe that they finally finished ~2 years after their "postdoc" (in their 10th year in the program). Last I heard, they left the field and never used their degree or got licensed. I bet the extreme dissertation inertia was part of that.

I also saw someone at my program do just this, and it was... not the route anyone wants to go down.

I signed up for a dance class at my city's community college.....cheap, and a very good distraction! :)

Working at my prac, doing dissertation things, and purging all of the closets in my house. No knick knack is safe during internship season.