1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

How To Pay Interest At Nova?

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by fonziefonz, Mar 13, 2007.

1. fonziefonz

7+ Year Member

Since Nova's program is practically year round, there is almost no time to hold down a decent summer job. I was wondering how am I supposed to make all these monthly interest payments on my loans if I can't work for 4 years? :confused:

2. swiftiii

swiftiii Member
    2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Your loan payments are deferred while you are in school. Interest accumulates, but it's going to be "that way" whenever you have to take out a loan :(

BTW, You CAN have a job. I know people that do it! And the summer schedule is not intense. I definitely plan on getting a job...I just have to look for one ;)

Something I wish I had know too. You can be an RA. It's a fantastic way to save money!!! Yes, it requires some work, but there are people in my class that are and they are doing just fine....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    fonziefonz

7+ Year Member

I'm a Canadian student so I can't get any of these interest free until you graduate loans. I'm taking a student line of credit from RBC with monthly interest payments I believe. So I don't know how I am going to manage. Any ideas?

4. carizma12

2+ Year Member

im in the exact same situation - how are we supposed to pay for the interest?

5. carizma12

2+ Year Member

fonz - have you already made your final deposit to NOVA? At RBC, don't they want proof that you have been enrolled? Has NOVA sent you all that information already?

I've only made my first deposit so I'm not sure..

6. jefguth

jefguth Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Pay the monthy interest from the line of credit, its the same as having a defferred payment, it just compounds!

But before any of you actually take the plunge, might I suggest you all do a projection to estimate what your monthy payments will be like each year, and to see just how much debt you will have after the interest by the time you graduate. Better to know what you're getting into before the bank comes knocking in 2011. ;)