How to Pay Off Your Student Loans Super Fast!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinesux

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was diligently researching the internet tonight trying to find someway, somehow, to escape this medical hell I am in and came across the following possibility. Check out what this Stanford Law Student did to wipe out her six figure student loan debt::eek:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_10600922?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

So I figure, since I am already whoring away my dignity and time, I must as well get paid like an Elliot Spitzer high class 5 diamond call girl. Instead, I am being paid as if I am some fat meth addicted edentulous washed up 50 year old back alley Atlantic City hoe who should feel grateful for getting ten dollars an hour after providing some yum yum. Smart chick- except for the tax evasion part.

avignon.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Moonlighting pays almost as well as being a hooker.
LOL!

actually moonlighting at the VA-spa makes me feel a little like a hooker
gotta give the ER nurses whatever they want (it's not sex though, I promise)

I moonlighted once for one of those clinics who takes care of "accident" victims who c/o back/neck injuries and chronic pain. It was a pill farm. I felt kinda dirty after working there. But the money was good.

The only potential downside is if your attendings wandered into Spearmint Rhino, or on a lonely Saturday night asked for Girl #6, "Desiree," which is your slot for the evening.

That chance being rather remote, why the hell not? I knew identical twin sisters in undergrad who stripped their way to their BS's in Biology.

While I was in med school at the University of Iowa in the 1990's, I lived in a medical fraternity house (there used to be med school fraternities, but the national chapters went defunct in the 60's and 70's). One night a bunch of the students living in the house went to the local strip club and were amused to see a cardiology attending there. So if a female med student chooses to strip her way through med school, she very well may run into an attending, and will definitely run into fellow students.

So, I was diligently researching the internet tonight trying to find someway, somehow, to escape this medical hell I am in and came across the following possibility. Check out what this Stanford Law Student did to wipe out her six figure student loan debt::eek:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_10600922?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

So I figure, since I am already whoring away my dignity and time, I must as well get paid like an Elliot Spitzer high class 5 diamond call girl. Instead, I am being paid as if I am some fat meth addicted edentulous washed up 50 year old back alley Atlantic City hoe who should feel grateful for getting ten dollars an hour after providing some yum yum. Smart chick- except for the tax evasion part.

avignon.jpg

Sorry to hear about your stuggles. I do think residents get paid a pittance cconsidering what they do and how many hours they do it.

I am back to teaching high school. I have a student whose dad is big in the world of narcotics in Sinaloa Mexico. Its easy to document who is dad is. This summer when I was at residency there was an article in the paper about 8 drug related deaths attributed to his group in Sinaloa. He knows I am struggling for money, and does like me, and offered me a job in which I could make $50K a month - according to him.

it really sucks that sex and drugs offer more money than is offered someone who graduated medical school.

+the above comments may or may not be true and are offered for enteratainment purposes only and will be denied and said to be hyperbole if questioned by the DEA of other authorities

I have a better idea. Since they are all guaranteed, we simply pool all our loan notes into one big pile, securitize them, take them to Lehman Bros, err, Wachovia, rrrrr, AIG -- no wait, is Citibank still there? and market them as securitized federally backed student loans. We can sell them on razor thin margins and clean up. When the ponzi scheme falls apart, we can get the Secretary of Treasury to buy them from whoever is stuck with them for $700B.

Or maybe not. Does that old dog bark more than once?

I had no idea. The only spearmint rhino I know of is the one featured in snatch/lock, stock, which was a block away from my uni.

Convenient location.

For future reference:

Locations around the World:

World Headquarters Norco, California
European Regional Offices London England
California: Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, Oxnard, Van Nuys 1, Van Nuys 2, Los Angeles, North Hollywood, City of Industry, Rialto, Arcadia, Torrance
Nevada: Las Vegas
Idaho: Boise
Texas: Dallas 1, Dallas 2
Kentucky: Lexington
Florida: West Palm Beach
New Mexico: Albuquerque
Canada: Toronto
New Zealand: Auckland
Australia: Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Adelaide
England: London, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Norwich, Slough, Birmingham 1, Birmingham 2, and Bristol, Brighten
Scotland: Glasgow

Why? There are Spearmint Rhinos all over the US, not just the UK.

Yeah Sp. Rhinos clubs are EVERYWHERE.

In terms of the OP, in my estimate of the shady parts of California, hooking seems to be seriously on the rise. Due predominantly to the internet and the freedom from having to use madams/pimps/promoters in your business structure, young women seem to be flocking in DROVES to prostitution across the US, from small town US to NYC.

The stigma is gone it seems for the most part.

Im predicting as many as 1 in 5 girls in many metro areas are selling sex or trading it for things like rent/food/car, it would be no suprise if female residents began selling themselves for benes while in training (trips to Hawaii, a week in Europe for example..)

This will have catastrophic social impact in the long term. Mark my words, the Day of Reckoning will come and it wont be pretty.

No way are 20% of women prostituting themselves. No way.
That's a big overestimate. There are a lot of crazies of all types on sites like Craigslist, but that doesn't mean that they represent most people, or even a significant minority.

p.s. not sure why it would surprise anyone that some lawyers would do anything for money...probably some docs would too, though I don't think it's as many.

No way are 20% of women prostituting themselves. No way.
That's a big overestimate. There are a lot of crazies of all types on sites like Craigslist, but that doesn't mean that they represent most people, or even a significant minority.

p.s. not sure why it would surprise anyone that some lawyers would do anything for money...probably some docs would too, though I don't think it's as many.

20% in some areas, absolutely. We need to define what is meant by prostituting yourself, if you accept a place to live from a man who lives either somewhere else or is there only part time in exchange for sex that IS prostitution, not dating. the issue is that many young women have no qualms about accepting goods, services, food OR cash outright for sexual favors. It is almost becoming common place in SF and LA, scratch that, it IS commonplace in SF and LA now.

I saw an article on the front page of a tabloid several years back that said a woman sold an ovary on the black market for $100,000. I laughed and told myself there was no way I'd ever do something like that.

That was before I matriculated into med school and accumulated a gargantuan amount of loans. These days, I sometimes wonder 'hmmmmm... what if???? ... I could give up an ovary and still have plenty of gametes left!' :rolleyes:

I saw an article on the front page of a tabloid several years back that said a woman sold an ovary on the black market for $100,000. I laughed and told myself there was no way I'd ever do something like that.

That was before I matriculated into med school and accumulated a gargantuan amount of loans. These days, I sometimes wonder 'hmmmmm... what if???? ... I could give up an ovary and still have plenty of gametes left!' :rolleyes:

Yeah, naive idealistic premeds have little clue as to how much 200-300K in debt is. It's not until you start going through clinical rotations followed by the onslaught of residency when you really begin to realize how PAINFUL it is to make those dollars.