How to Pick Yourself Up and Focus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knocked Up

Sexy and I know it
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've hit a wall and I just feel flat. I've liked this girl for about a year now. I did everything I could to court her. I gave her my notes, I helped her study, I bought her stuff, I made her laugh...I tried everything. She just never came around, and I could never move on. I texted her every day and I kind of became dependent on her, clingy I guess. I needed to talk to her every day, whether in person or via text.

Well she "dated" some guy a little while ago, but things didn't work out at all. Then she says recently that she is interested in an another guy. She never gave me a chance, ever. I said something mean and she won't talk to me anymore. I got her flowers and she said absolutely nothing to me, I don't even know if she picked them up or if she knew it was me giving it to her. I'm so lost, I like her so much, and she just wants nothing to do with me.

What do I do, I can't get her out of my mind. I need to focus on Step 1 right now. My classes are fine, but I am not the best test taker and I need to take my concentration off her and put it on test banks. I can't get her out of my head. Please give me some advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure why you like this person so much. She sounds absolutely disinterested and there is nothing more unattractive than disinterested females.

Imagine all the other men she is interested in going balls deep inside of her. Do you really want sloppy seconds? Once you internalize this thought, you will realize that you don't really want this girl and then you can move on. That is my advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure why you like this person so much. She sounds absolutely disinterested and there is nothing more unattractive than disinterested females.

Imagine all the other men she is interested in going balls deep inside of her. Do you really want sloppy seconds? Once you internalize this thought, you will realize that you don't really want this girl and then you can move on. That is my advice.
You're an idiot.

OP: The reality is that whatever you're selling just isn't what she wants. She's made this tremendously clear. I'm sure there are girls out there who aren't what you need too. Cross her off. Make yourself more desirable in general - by being a badass super scorer on Step 1. Remember, even during times of turmoil or frustration a winner doesn't drop the ball on something as important as Step 1. Buckle down.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're an idiot.

OP: The reality is that whatever you're selling just isn't what she wants. She's made this tremendously clear. I'm sure there are girls out there who aren't what you need too. Cross her off. Make yourself more desirable in general - by being a badass super scorer on Step 1. Remember, even during times of turmoil or frustration a winner doesn't drop the ball on something as important as Step 1. Buckle down.

Kind words.

You are not going to get someone so lovesick like the OP to quickly stop pursuing this person by telling him what he already knows or what he expects people to say. I just offered a different perspective.

(Though I apologize if it was too vulgar)

Sorry bud, this sounds very tragic. What you are experiencing is very common and is called oneitis. You zone in on one particular female, and became overly infatuated with her, to the point of disregard for other females. There are countless internet articles on overcoming oneitis, but the most effective is to realize that there are other females out there, maybe just as cool if not cooler than the one causing your oneitis. You need to date other quality women. That's it.

So, I've hit a wall and I just feel flat. I've liked this girl for about a year now. I did everything I could to court her. I gave her my notes, I helped her study, I bought her stuff, I made her laugh...I tried everything. She just never came around, and I could never move on. I texted her every day and I kind of became dependent on her, clingy I guess. I needed to talk to her every day, whether in person or via text.

Well she "dated" some guy a little while ago, but things didn't work out at all. Then she says recently that she is interested in an another guy. She never gave me a chance, ever. I said something mean and she won't talk to me anymore. I got her flowers and she said absolutely nothing to me, I don't even know if she picked them up or if she knew it was me giving it to her. I'm so lost, I like her so much, and she just wants nothing to do with me.

What do I do, I can't get her out of my mind. I need to focus on Step 1 right now. My classes are fine, but I am not the best test taker and I need to take my concentration off her and put it on test banks. I can't get her out of my head. Please give me some advice.

1. lolwut.
2. You suck at 'courting'.
2. **** dating for now. Go get laid. Multiple times.

This smells like a total troll post. If you're for real, she's 1 step away from a restraining order.

If this is a serious post, you need to move on as she's clearly not interested.

Just a little advice for the future: tone it down a bit. Most girls don't like it when guys are super clingy and needy; it makes them feel smothered. You likely pushed her further away by "having to talk to her everyday." And FYI, there really is no such thing as courting anymore.

Went through the same thing in undergrad, although to a lesser extent [didnt buy her stuff, just would always be interested in her and she never reciprocated]. How do you remedy the situation? Simple, a buddy gave me this method and it takes 3 simple steps:
1) forgive her
2) forget her
3) f*** another her
works like a charm; give it a try! lol

Word of Advice: don't put the p*ssy on the pedestal. She isn't the only woman in the world either and she isn't as unique as you think she is. Cut all ties with her and focus on Step 1. You don't need her to complete your life.

whoa. i think you got friend-zoned. did you ever indicate you wanted more than friendship? it seems like you were just being nice to her as a friend. (i'm a girl) My male classmates do all the things you describe for me but i never ever associate "sharing notes, studying together, buying me stuff" with 'oh this guy wants to date me." a clearer move would have been asking her out to dinner 1:1...or something. did you ever ask her out? lol yeah you need to make it clear than you want more than friendship....

anyways i see you are trying to get over her. just don't hang out with her anymore. out of sight, out of mind.

Last edited:
Bro she's the one.

Don't let her go.

13135__say_anythiing_l.jpg

You could be the worlds most beautiful man and still be turned down if you act too eager. It's annoying! The next girl that you like, just be a little more nonchalant and remind yourself that if she says no it won't be the end of the world. It'll make you look and maybe feel like you have a backbone. P.S. Chicks dig doctors. Get a grip! Lol

The questions is have you ever touched her boobs, if not, next time you can, do it, if she doesnt react well, it wasnt meant to be.