how to postpone mcat less than 2 weeks away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manutdfan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
registered for july 2 mcat

i am close to being ready but could use another week or 2.

if i go to the aamc mcat registration site I can't see the "reschedule" thing to see if the availibility of my nearby test centers future dates.

i dont care if i have to cancel and re-pay the registration fee, but obviously i dont want to cancel if the other dates are filled.

what do i do???

Members don't see this ad.

You can't reschedule the exam if it's past the 2 week mark before the date that you registered for. You will have to either go write the test on your test date (which is not ideal if you are not ready for the test) or email the registration service and ask them to cancel your registration. They will email you back stating that they need your written agreement to cancel your registration and that you understand that you will have to repay the entire registration fee when you register for the exam again.

After that just pick up where you left off and register for a new seat on a new date. I can't tell you if there will be seats open for the particular date that you are looking into as it is based on "limited seating" at the testing site closest to where you are looking to write the exam.

I hope that helps. The same thing happened to me before and I had no idea what to do. Good luck studying for the MCAT! I hope you get a 45!

You can also go and just take it like another practice test and void at the center. Getting some real-test like experience never hurts. Who knows, you might feel great that day and decide to score it. =D

Good luck!

I was in a similar situation, but I decided just to take my test because of time contrants in terms of applying. If you are not applying this year, I think you should still go and take it as practice, but void if you feel bad about it.

In terms of seeing if other centers are open, I think you either need to cancel you test to see or ask your friend to see for you. Are you applying this year?

You can also go and just take it like another practice test and void at the center. Getting some real-test like experience never hurts. Who knows, you might feel great that day and decide to score it.

holy crap. you should really consider doing this. great suggestion!

that way you don't throw away the money, which would happen anyway since it's past the deadline. and you get invaluable real testing experience... something most of us don't have unless we're retaking. you can get more practice questions and be familiar with your setting/surroundings.

edit: oh.. but if you're applying this year, then that's a different story. are your practice scores where you want them to be?