How to prepare for Canadian wax carving exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denldh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there !
Can anybody help me and guide me about this Canadian wax carving thing?
How to prepare for that? And actually what that is ?
I don't have any idea about this.
Pls help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there !
Can anybody help me and guide me about this Canadian wax carving thing?
How to prepare for that? And actually what that is ?
I don't have any idea about this.
Pls help.

You can go on the cda website which has more info. You can buy soap packs and prep kits from there

P. s if you are a Canadian going into Canadian schools try visiting premed101.com. It's a Canadian premed forum.

Thanks for the info. But I am not applying for Canadian exam. This is actually the requirement in nova dental school, Florida.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh... You said "Canadian wax carving thing"

I have wax blocks, if u are ready to purchase, let me know.

I mean what type of carving is done in this?
what is done in canadian wax carving?
i'll buy stuff after i get to know what exactly is it?

If you write the US DAT, than carving is not assessed. I suggest you do that one instead of the Canadian DAT.

but ppl....

You are not understanding the fact here...

I want to apply to this Nova Southeastern college of dentistry, florida..

After Interviews they call you for psychomotor bench test, which includes tooth preparations and Canadian wax carving examination....

I know tooth preparations for full metal crown and amalgam restoration but have never heard of this carving thing...

That s why I started this thread to gain info about this ...

Like what exactly they carve on these soap bars and how to prepare for that???

Being an International dentist I dont know How to to carving??

Now someone plss hepl....

Okay I understand. I think what they are referring to is that you will have to do the same kind of carving test that the Canadian undergraduate students do to gain admission into the regular 4 year DDS/DMD programs.

To learn more about it see, the Manual Dexterity Test section at, http://www.cda-adc.ca/en/dental_profession/dat/information

This site is by the Canadian Dental Association, they are responsible for administering the test.

Thanks Gracey...

You Got it now what I was trying to say...

Could you pls let me know how to prepare for this test?
Any courses?
I am completely ignorant about this ...

Search on how to prepare for the Canadian DAT manual dexterity test. You can ask on the predental forums, just tell then you need advice on how to prepare for the manual dexterity test of the Canadian DAT. Make sure you mention it's for the Canadian one because the US DAT doesn't have a manual dexterity test on it.