How to prepare for fall???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buspar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be starting at Barry in the fall and wanted to know what I should do now to prepare...since I have so much free time.:)

I just completed Physiology and will be taking Anatomy very soon...any advice on other courses or books to read will be appreciated...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anatomy is probably your most time consuming class first semester (and the most credits and biggest effect on gpa), but it's not that bad. Having an intro course will definitely help, but it will come at you faster and more in-depth in pod school. You could pick up a Netter atlas (doesn't really matter if it's 2/3/4th edition... all have the same pics.) You could focus a bit on anatomy of the leg and foot, but that doesn't get covered until second semester of pod school. You would have a head start if you at least memorized the bones and could draw them out, though.
http://www.myfootshop.com/detail.asp?Condition=Foot%20and%20Ankle%20Anatomy

You also will have biochem and histo, so if you took biochem and cell bio in undergrad, that will help since you at least know some of the nomenclature.

Other than that, I'd try to just relax and have fun before you start. You want to buckle down and really focus on the curriculum when you begin, so have some fun and just be young in the meantime.

Thank You! I am going to start looking into this stuff today...

Is it a bad idea to start taking classes now? Should I focus on having fun and travelling??? I want to make sure I am prepared when the semester starts.:D What did everyone else do in the meantime?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already taken classes in undergrad to prep for pod school.
I have taken probably over 10+ hours of classes I dont need for my degree plan. haha

I think I am just going to have fun over the summer, and maybe work to save up money.

Hi all,

I will be starting at Barry in the fall and wanted to know what I should do now to prepare...since I have so much free time.:)

I just completed Physiology and will be taking Anatomy very soon...any advice on other courses or books to read will be appreciated...thanks!

I don't have anything to contribute but to say Congratulations!!:hardy::thumbup:

Thank You! I am going to start looking into this stuff today...

Is it a bad idea to start taking classes now? Should I focus on having fun and travelling??? I want to make sure I am prepared when the semester starts.:D What did everyone else do in the meantime?

relax, travel, and prepare for a change in life.

my advice is to do what I did last summer: golf, drink heavily, and play a lot of guitar hero!!

thats what ill be doin today.... golfin and drinkin :laugh:

*first round with the new driver :thumbup:

Go have fun! Statistics say that you don't retain much if you read ahead the summer before grad school and plus you may be studying the wrong material. Just enjoy your summer because once school starts, it'll never end :D