jimmyhere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
Hi guys

I need help. I think the way I am preparing in wrong. I am not getting the score even after putting very good effort.
When I took part 1 first time , I got just passed and second time it was 82. I am putting a lot of effort but it seems like The way I prepare is not good enough.

Here what I did. Please let me know what do you think about it.

1. Study Kplan notes for a month, take notes
2. Study Dental Decks (2001) for another month, take notes(once)
3. Revise Notes for a week
4. Look Question papers for 10 days.(once)

Please help me out.. I am desperate and loosing confidence....................... I want to score 90% next time and not to rely on my luck..Please advice me...

jimmy

Ann 03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status
jimmyhere said:
Hi guys

I need help. I think the way I am preparing in wrong. I am not getting the score even after putting very good effort.
When I took part 1 first time , I got just passed and second time it was 82. I am putting a lot of effort but it seems like The way I prepare is not good enough.

Here what I did. Please let me know what do you think about it.

1. Study Kplan notes for a month, take notes
2. Study Dental Decks (2001) for another month, take notes(once)
3. Revise Notes for a week
4. Look Question papers for 10 days.(once)

Please help me out.. I am desperate and loosing confidence....................... I want to score 90% next time and not to rely on my luck..Please advice me...

jimmy
believe it or not decks and papers appear simple but they r very volatile u have to keep revising thm again and again. get the 2004 decks.
read text books also especially the topics which u dont understand or u feel u need more inffo abt.
keeping notes is good u can take a glance at thm ,whn ever u want to. taking down notes on flashcards has really helped me , u can try it too.
most of all concentrate whn u read.
read some of the threads on part1 , u will get some pointers on the methods poeple use for studying maybe one of thm will suit u.
good luck to u. dont lose confidence u will surelu do well this time.
be positive.
:luck:

spowari

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status
Ann 03 said:
believe it or not decks and papers appear simple but they r very volatile u have to keep revising thm again and again. get the 2004 decks.
read text books also especially the topics which u dont understand or u feel u need more inffo abt.
keeping notes is good u can take a glance at thm ,whn ever u want to. taking down notes on flashcards has really helped me , u can try it too.
most of all concentrate whn u read.
read some of the threads on part1 , u will get some pointers on the methods poeple use for studying maybe one of thm will suit u.
good luck to u. dont lose confidence u will surelu do well this time.
be positive.
:luck:
i agree,they are really volatile.try to do decks and Qs at least 3 times.....at least.if u do it only once ,it wuold be very confusing in the exam.and most important.......understand the subject.if ur concepts are clear,u'll have very few doubts.hope it helps.
all the best

shaliraj

NYU Class of 2008
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
hi

82 is a good score!though it is not sufficient nowadays to get an admiision,it was enough 3 -4yrs back.so dont get worried.u will do better.

i accept with ann03 and spowari.

revision is the key to success.this has helped me a lot.reading once is not sufficient.even though u feel confident,keep revising as many times as possible.and also read more of txtbooks,this will help u.

goodluck in ur future exam and dont lose hope.most of us have been in ur place.just encourage urself and do ur best.

all the best. :thumbup: