How to prepare for the first one or two month in PGY2 Neuro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocksheng

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now on the stage finishing intern year, scared to death to start first year in neuro. What to expect? and how to prepare?

Members don't see this ad.

Review your neuroanatomy, its amazing how much you forget during internship, and start doing full neuro exams on your patients. You can no longer write "EOMI, No facial asymmetry and MAEW" as a neuro exam.

Now on the stage finishing intern year, scared to death to start first year in neuro. What to expect? and how to prepare?

I felt more comfortable after reviewing treatment for status, stroke scale/tPA criteria. Treated both on my first night on call as a PGY-2.

I felt more comfortable after reviewing treatment for status, stroke scale/tPA criteria. Treated both on my first night on call as a PGY-2.

Is there a definitive source for the treatment of these conditions? The biggest problem I'm having is finding a reliable textbook/website that is current on neurological treatment...