Not open for further replies.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking the September pcat? what are you doing to prepare

If you wish to here how other pre-pharms are preparing, it would be better if you posted in the pre-pharmacy forum under the subforum "PCAT." The confidential forum here is only read by those with Expert status and is not open for other pre-pharms to comment (your user name will be hidden should this be answered with just your question being available plus any expert who chose to respond).

That being said, the top choices I know many others (including myself) from times past have utilized Pearson Practice Tests coupled with Kaplan studyguide and Dr. Collins. Kaplan does a decent job of introducing topics within the PCAT while Dr. Collins tests your knowledge from the Kaplan studyguide in the exact formatted questions from the PCAT. Matter of fact, the ones who introduced Dr. Collins specifically sat in on PCAT subtopic tests and re-created the questions in a follow along format. I actually remember a few questions from my study material being introduced yet again on the PCAT.

I'd suggest the following:

1) Buying the Pearson Practice Exams (3 of them), take one now. Assess your level of comprehension.
2) Study the latest Kaplan study guide and go over your weak points from your assessment.
3) Work out problems in the Dr. Collins and assess your learning ability once again.
4) Take second Pearson Test
5) Review material and take as much of the Dr. Collins tests as you can
6) Take last Pearson Test.

Being that your taking it this month, you don't have a lot of time to study (unless you have studied the last 3 months). In which case I'd go with Dr. Collins and see how the questions are formatted.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.