How to reassign a new PS to programs already applied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smashingdude

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just noticed a few mistakes in my PS, and it could really hurt my chances. I would like to correct it, but I have already applied to programs. Can I reassign a new PS with the correction? I need help urgently!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I just want to say for the record, that virtually everything posted by aPD is useful. He needs a twitter feed we can point you all to.

I could not agree more. Respect.

Reactions: 1 user
Respect for aPD. We surely need a twitter feed :D

On a side note, I just got to know from a friend. who is in the program that I have applied, that apparently the PD didn't like my grammar and therefore didn't send me an invitation! This is kinda really absurd, since I had the PS read from 6-7 people and they didn't notice any mistakes. My skill level is not to the oxford level, but generally, I am a good writer. After sending it for professional review, there were minor mistakes in terms of writing style. I have an updated PS that I have reassigned to the programs.

However, I really don't know how to tell the programs to re-download my application, and if they will do so. I think they have already prepared the list and sent out interviews. My question is, if I call or email the programs, what are the chances they will re-download my application, and reevaluate it?

I am going to give it a shot anyway, and already wrote a few emails. I just wanted to know what else can I do at this time.

Thanks for your help and advice.

What in the world would I do with a twitter feed? Clearly I am old, I don't understand twitter.
Same thing you do here. But rather than having to re-type the same stuff year after year, we could just RT @aPD and walk away.

For the record, I don't really understand half of what I wrote above either. Twitter is dumb. But all the cool kids dig it. And most med students too.

Reactions: 1 user
What in the world would I do with a twitter feed? Clearly I am old, I don't understand twitter.
You know its not a bad idea.

You could use it for "breaking news" for your residents:

@aPDresidents - ACGME coming tomorrow. #getyourdamntimecardsdone
@aPDresidents - free pizza in call room courtesy of me! #residentsthesedayshaveitsoeasy

You can use it to post short bites of information, FAQs if you will which you could reference here (or elsewhere) instead of retyping everything here #samedamnthingoverandover - they will be conveniently archived in one place.

And you aren't that old. ;)