How to reject a rejection letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GRslp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have to keep your sense of humor this time of year.

The next time you get a rejection letter from a hoped-for college of pharmacy, just send them the following:

Dear [name of the person who signed the rejection letter],

Thank you for your letter of [date of the rejection letter]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me acceptance.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals. Despite [name of the school that sent you this letter]'s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time.

Therefore, I will initiate attendance with your school immediately following Summer break. I look forward to studying at [name of school].

Best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Sincerely,
[your name]

:laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Send that letter to the adcoms and see their reaction!:laugh:

I have to admit that I would be tempted to do that if my first place schools had rejected me.

You should add "Though your reasons for rejecting me were just, reasonable, and warranted, it is impossible for me to accept all the reasons that resulted in every rejection."

Then, if you want to go away from the back-handed attack on rejection letters and end on a blunt and direct note, you could add:

"P.S. I expect my white coat for the white coat ceremony to be in a size medium bee-yatches"

The next time you get a rejection letter from a hoped-for college of pharmacy, just send them the following:

Thank you for your letter of [date of the rejection letter]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me acceptance.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals. Despite [name of the school that sent you this letter]'s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time.

Therefore, I will initiate attendance with your school immediately following Summer break. I look forward to studying at [name of school].

Sincerely,
[your name]

OH MY GOD, I have NEVER laughed so hard in my life. That is a good one. I got a few schools I could send that to.

Members don't see this ad :)
hahah awesome :laugh: :thumbup:

Hahahah, This is hilarious!!! I can't stop laughing. Maybe you should send it in that and let me know how it goes. =)

I have to say this was pretty funny.

I think someone should send this in and then report back to us what they say. Thats hilarious. I would do it but I haven't been accepted anywhere yet.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ROFLMAO :laugh:

If only you posted this in March, I would've sent it to the schools that rejected me. XD

Members don't see this ad :)
*Holding tightly onto my stomach gasping for breath*. My gosh - this is the perfect letter...

Hey maybe if you send this over, then they'll be so impressed that they'll take your offer!

It's like you're putting yourself in their shoes...what would they say? thanks for the 41 cent stamp letter, and ask you to submit another application, don't forget the application fee, and in another weeks or so, you get another rejection letters, it say with regret the majority of our students are young and willing to donate tons of money when they retired, and then you get another rejection letter, but this time they'd say we might accept you, don't forget to include the application fee and the 100K check as a deposit not counting toward your tuition... is this a good place to post all the rejection letters and see if anyone recognize the same:hardy:

It's like you're putting yourself in their shoes...what would they say? thanks for the 41 cent stamp letter, and ask you to submit another application, don't forget the application fee, and in another weeks or so, you get another rejection letters, it say with regret the majority of our students are young and willing to donate tons of money when they retired, and then you get another rejection letter, but this time they'd say we might accept you, don't forget to include the application fee and the 100K check as a deposit not counting toward your tuition... is this a good place to post all the rejection letters and see if anyone recognize the same:hardy:

Just remember to use the 41 cent forever stamps so that next year when postage rates are up again it'll only cost 0.41 instead of 0.43:smuggrin:

Send it. The audacity my change your circumstances.

Sincerely,
[your name]

:thumbup: :D

This is very creative and hilarious. I might just use it when i apply. thanks for making my day.

Send that letter to the adcoms and see their reaction!:laugh:

I have to admit that I would be tempted to do that if my first place schools had rejected me.

You should add "Though your reasons for rejecting me were just, reasonable, and warranted, it is impossible for me to accept all the reasons that resulted in every rejection."

Then, if you want to go away from the back-handed attack on rejection letters and end on a blunt and direct note, you could add:

"P.S. I expect my white coat for the white coat ceremony to be in a size medium bee-yatches"

rofl

i was accepted to 4 schools, but rejected by UF (these jerks didnt even let me know till May I was rejected). Plus, UF totally rips off out of state students. 8k for in state but over 35k for out of state, wth. i am seriously thinking about sending that letter if no one else has already. if i do, i will let everyone know if i get a response. :smuggrin:

i remembered! app/re-applying a few years ago, and some schools don't even bother sending you anything, or letting you know, it's like as if all they ever wanted was your money and supplemental, and once they get your money, you don't hear from them; if you don't follow up or bother calling them or write to them, they just ignore your application; and even if you did, they are just waiting to send you that 39 cents rejection letter, it's because they don't want to spend even a penny on you :eek: signed MBA

i remembered! app/re-applying a few years ago, and some schools don't even bother sending you anything, or letting you know, it's like as if all they ever wanted was your money and supplemental, and once they get your money, you don't hear from them; if you don't follow up or bother calling them or write to them, they just ignore your application; and even if you did, they are just waiting to send you that 39 cents rejection letter, it's because they don't want to spend even a penny on you :eek: signed MBA

Have mercy on pharmacy schools........the cost of postage is now 41 cents:D

:p but you know what? they're willing to send you an application or information letter until then they get your application :rolleyes: fee

:p but you know what? they're willing to send you an application or information letter until then they get your application :rolleyes: fee

CPG even sent a dvd out...even though it may have just been to people invited to interviews, 500 is a lot. However they didn't want to mail me an acceptance letter unless I verbally said I was still interested in it. In the end they probably saved a buck and the cost of printing out forms with my name on it.

i was accepted to 4 schools, but rejected by UF (these jerks didnt even let me know till May I was rejected). Plus, UF totally rips off out of state students. 8k for in state but over 35k for out of state, wth. i am seriously thinking about sending that letter if no one else has already. if i do, i will let everyone know if i get a response. :smuggrin:

Oh, for heaven's sake, get over it! How many times are you going to bitch and moan about UF? Clearly they're much more interested in attracting in-state students. If you're that enthralled with UF, go there, pay the enormous costs, and subsidize the expenses for the people the school is designed to support: in-state students.

Sincerely,
[your name]

:eek: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

:laugh: just becareful about putting your name bc they might ban you for life from applying to their school for mockery of their system haha but try it and make up a name :D put omnion :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Better yet, use a 39 cents stamp and let them deal with the hassle of paying the 2 cents postage due. :smuggrin:

:lol: This was hilarious! Thanks for bringing it back 1908PharmD!

OMG... this letter of yours is so funny, creative, and CUTE!
I love your sense of humor... :laugh:

Whoa, lol. Someone has to try this at least once, just to see if they get a response back.

--Garfield3d

Whoa, lol. Someone has to try this at least once, just to see if they get a response back.

--Garfield3d

I know seriously right? LOL I would love to see thier faces when they read something like that. Hysterical! I would probably frame it on my desk and look at it everytime I needed a laugh. :laugh:

lol this is soo funny.
But hopefully everyone gets in scool of thier choice. GOOD LUCK