How to represent a course with no grade on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jlaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a couple courses I withdrew from before the drop deadlines and have no grade, just a W on my transcripts. How do I represent this? I called AAMC and the lady said not to even put them in my coursework but she sounded like a complete ***** so I don't want to just accept her advice.

Also I did 3 internships for which I received credit but no grade, just a "completed" notation on my transcript. How do I represent these? She said just put the credits in with no grades. But again she sounded like she had no idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have a couple courses I withdrew from before the drop deadlines and have no grade, just a W on my transcripts. How do I represent this? I called AAMC and the lady said not to even put them in my coursework but she sounded like a complete ***** so I don't want to just accept her advice.

Also I did 3 internships for which I received credit but no grade, just a "completed" notation on my transcript. How do I represent these? She said just put the credits in with no grades. But again she sounded like she had no idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

For the course you withdrew from, you can refer to this: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/131750/data/2012amcasinstructionmanual.pdf ((Pg. 44))

I took an AP course and there was no grade assigned on my transcript. On AMCAS application, I just put NO GRADE. You might be able to get a better advice on this from someone else though. OR You can search through the above link.

Hope it helps. :)