1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How to represent a course with no grade on AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jlaw, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Jlaw

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I have a couple courses I withdrew from before the drop deadlines and have no grade, just a W on my transcripts. How do I represent this? I called AAMC and the lady said not to even put them in my coursework but she sounded like a complete moron so I don't want to just accept her advice.

Also I did 3 internships for which I received credit but no grade, just a "completed" notation on my transcript. How do I represent these? She said just put the credits in with no grades. But again she sounded like she had no idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FutureDoctor503

FutureDoctor503 A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    For the course you withdrew from, you can refer to this: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/131750/data/2012amcasinstructionmanual.pdf ((Pg. 44))

I took an AP course and there was no grade assigned on my transcript. On AMCAS application, I just put NO GRADE. You might be able to get a better advice on this from someone else though. OR You can search through the above link.

Hope it helps. :)