• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

f20cdentist

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Could you guys give me some tips on how to write a decline letter to the school that accepted you? I just want to find a polite way to tell them but I really don't know how. Thanks

darius99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
thank you but i have decided to enroll elsewhere

About the Ads

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I agree with the above posters. I mean I'm sure you are a good candidate and all, but there are tons of others out there. Trust me, the school won't lose sleep over you no matter how stellar you are.

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Something along the lines of it's me, not you. Try to let them down easy.

KingChris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2006
Boston, MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hows this:

To: [insert dental school]

I just feel that we are growing apart. Maybe we weren't ment to be in the first place, but it sure has been a hell of a journey. I have to confess something though--I've found another school. We're just more compatible together, and we appreciate each other more. I know you'll turn out okay though, there's a lot of other candidates out there, and I'm sure you'll land on your feet and find the right one's for you. Thanks so much for understanding. No really, it means a lot. Well.....ummm....I guess I'll see ya around or somthing......Oh and try the Hot Pockets, they're breathtaking, they really are.

Veneto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2004
Kentucky
Status (Visible)
I would go and find someone who was rejected and make a copy of their rejection letter. Then turn it around to where you are the rejoctor not the rejectee and send that in.

J

jackbauer!

Try this...

I am sorry, but due to the strong credentials at others schools, I am unable to offer my tuition and attendance for the class of 2011. I am clearly aware of your strong program and desire to train future dentists, and the fact that I am unable to accept your offer in no terms indicates the strength of your program. With over 20 dental schools to choose from, it was a decision not made incredibly easy. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of other well qualified students. And although I was your first choice, I am sure you will find an alternate that will bring to your school what Im bringing to another.

Sincerely,
f20cdentist
Class of 2011, Elsewhere

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.