How to say no to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

f20cdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Could you guys give me some tips on how to write a decline letter to the school that accepted you? I just want to find a polite way to tell them but I really don't know how. Thanks

darius99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
thank you but i have decided to enroll elsewhere

OceanBlue

HA! I knew it.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just send 'em an email and say you decided to go elsewhere

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above posters. I mean I'm sure you are a good candidate and all, but there are tons of others out there. Trust me, the school won't lose sleep over you no matter how stellar you are.

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Something along the lines of it's me, not you. Try to let them down easy.

KingChris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hows this:

To: [insert dental school]

I just feel that we are growing apart. Maybe we weren't ment to be in the first place, but it sure has been a hell of a journey. I have to confess something though--I've found another school. We're just more compatible together, and we appreciate each other more. I know you'll turn out okay though, there's a lot of other candidates out there, and I'm sure you'll land on your feet and find the right one's for you. Thanks so much for understanding. No really, it means a lot. Well.....ummm....I guess I'll see ya around or somthing......Oh and try the Hot Pockets, they're breathtaking, they really are.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
text message the dean

Veneto

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would go and find someone who was rejected and make a copy of their rejection letter. Then turn it around to where you are the rejoctor not the rejectee and send that in.

J

jackbauer!

Try this...

I am sorry, but due to the strong credentials at others schools, I am unable to offer my tuition and attendance for the class of 2011. I am clearly aware of your strong program and desire to train future dentists, and the fact that I am unable to accept your offer in no terms indicates the strength of your program. With over 20 dental schools to choose from, it was a decision not made incredibly easy. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of other well qualified students. And although I was your first choice, I am sure you will find an alternate that will bring to your school what Im bringing to another.

Sincerely,
f20cdentist
Class of 2011, Elsewhere