1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

How to say no to dental school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by f20cdentist, Feb 26, 2007.

1. f20cdentist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Could you guys give me some tips on how to write a decline letter to the school that accepted you? I just want to find a polite way to tell them but I really don't know how. Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    thank you but i have decided to enroll elsewhere

3. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    just send 'em an email and say you decided to go elsewhere

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DDSY

DDSY Bright Lights at Night
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks Don:thumbup:

5. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I agree with the above posters. I mean I'm sure you are a good candidate and all, but there are tons of others out there. Trust me, the school won't lose sleep over you no matter how stellar you are.

6. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Something along the lines of it's me, not you. Try to let them down easy.

7. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    :laugh::laugh:

8. KingChris

KingChris Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hows this:

To: [insert dental school]

I just feel that we are growing apart. Maybe we weren't ment to be in the first place, but it sure has been a hell of a journey. I have to confess something though--I've found another school. We're just more compatible together, and we appreciate each other more. I know you'll turn out okay though, there's a lot of other candidates out there, and I'm sure you'll land on your feet and find the right one's for you. Thanks so much for understanding. No really, it means a lot. Well.....ummm....I guess I'll see ya around or somthing......Oh and try the Hot Pockets, they're breathtaking, they really are.

9. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    text message the dean

10. Ething

Ething Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Haha. This is the best idea.

11. Veneto

Veneto Member
    5+ Year Member

I would go and find someone who was rejected and make a copy of their rejection letter. Then turn it around to where you are the rejoctor not the rejectee and send that in.

12. vellnueve

Dentist 10+ Year Member

I just mail in the enrollment agreement with the "decline" section filled in.

13. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Dental Student
    Try this...

I am sorry, but due to the strong credentials at others schools, I am unable to offer my tuition and attendance for the class of 2011. I am clearly aware of your strong program and desire to train future dentists, and the fact that I am unable to accept your offer in no terms indicates the strength of your program. With over 20 dental schools to choose from, it was a decision not made incredibly easy. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of other well qualified students. And although I was your first choice, I am sure you will find an alternate that will bring to your school what Im bringing to another.

Sincerely,
    f20cdentist
    Class of 2011, Elsewhere