How to score 270 in Step 2 CK ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamer2013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored 223 on step one, I’m trying to reach high this time. I have been going through a lot of posts and a lot scored high with only MTB and UW.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Scored 268. Used Uworld, step up to medicine for IM then MTB2/3 for the rest and FA step 1 for biostat

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I scored a 262 with the Kaplan notes, uWorld and Kaplan q-bank. Took my test a few months back. Managed to finish only half of the Kaplan q-bank tho. The notes were helpful. They had just about enough info with some explanations. Tried MTB but it was too much information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the exam on 12/14, and got my score back today of 281! I was completely shocked. I did exactly 1/2 UWorld, both UWorld SIM forms, and all the available NBME practice tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
267 on CK with UWSA of 273 and 266. Did Uworld x1 (+1x throughout year) + SU2M during dedicated but had used multiple resources for each clerkship throughout the year (e.g FA psych, pestana surgery, case files FM OBGYN + UWorld for each one). Only think I might have added were the NBME's for more practice questions during dedicated. Study hard during the year for your shelf exams since doing well on your shelf exams throughout the year is a very good metric metric for how well you're learning the material. I'd guess that most people scoring >270 are doing ~>90 raw scores of shelf exams. Plus, game day performance/luck will put you at +/- 10 from your practice exams.

I always did well enough on shelf exams to meet the honors cutoff, but they're pretty lenient at my school (i.e., I wasn't doing >90 raw score), so I didn't study too hard for my shelf exams (e.g., peds I didn't touch until the night before), so I actually think it's quite possible to kill Step 2CK with just a really high yield dedicated period.

Reactions: 1 user
Took the exam on 12/14, and got my score back today of 281! I was completely shocked. I did exactly 1/2 UWorld, both UWorld SIM forms, and all the available NBME practice tests.

you only finished half of uworld? wow congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! That's awesome! Congratulations! Can I ask how long you studied? Did you have a dedicated study period? My advisor said taking a vacation month to study "looks bad" and said it was better to take and "easy elective" and study for Step during that than to take off a month to study. What do you guys think about that? Have you heard similar stories?

Wow! That's awesome! Congratulations! Can I ask how long you studied? Did you have a dedicated study period? My advisor said taking a vacation month to study "looks bad" and said it was better to take and "easy elective" and study for Step during that than to take off a month to study. What do you guys think about that? Have you heard similar stories?

3 week dedicated period. Definitely doable in a month with an easy elective, I wasn't actually studying all day.