How to see who is getting accepted into "your" school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NjD00

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for all of you out there who wish to make sure that the students getting into your school of choice are as intelligent as you ;) , or simply if you are curious about what kind of numbers will give you a chance, or if you get turned on by poring over statistics.

Go to www.mdapplicants.com and in the top set of links, click "select school". There you can click on any medical school in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico and see the scores of all mdapplicant members who have applied, interviewed, or been rejected/accepted to any school. The website even posts the average MCAT and GPA for all of these categories, either in format of this cycle and the last, or all cycles.

I, not having to go into work today, being just slightly hung over, and really having nothing better to do right now, have complied just the MCAT and GPA for those ACCEPTED at the DO schools for just this application cycle and last. This won't give you the average overall stats for the schools in general, so don't start a flame war over who's school is toughest, but will give you a pretty good idea of what kind of scores are being accepted at your favorite school this cycle(remember, this is just compiled from mdapplicants profiles so there are othere people out there applying as well :) )

Listed in absolutely no specific order because I am too lazy:
TU-NV: 27.8 3.39
TU-MI: 29.4 3.45
NYCOM: 27.6 3.39
NOVA: 27.0 3.48
PCOM: 26.5 3.55
PCOM-A: 25.3 3.32
Pikeville: 22.3 3.69
WVSOM: 26.1 3.54
Western: 28.4 3.64
UNECOM: 27.9 3.44
UMDNJ: 30.7 3.52
AZCOM: 29.1 3.45
CCOM: 28.6 3.48
DMU: 27.5 3.62
KCUMB: 27.4 3.60
KCOM: 27.0 3.53
LECOM-B: 27.1 3.22
LECOM-E: 25.7 3.41
MSU: 28.7 3.51
VCOM: 25.4 3.58
OSU: 29.7 3.64
Ohio: 29.5 3.62
TCOM: 28.9 3.61

Did I miss any?? :D

Members don't see this ad.

That is interesting. I wonder if the stats are a bit higher than avg posted because maybe those who post on md apps are a bit more competitive on the avg or if they are just accepting those with better numbers early. I guess it is hard to say, esp if the sample size is low...

The sample size is low, especially for this year, but it's hard to say if numbers are higher due to accepting better numbers early. Do they accept better numbers later as spots are more competitive, or do better numbers get you a quicker interview and therefore acceptance? Hard to tell, but the numbers are interesting. If you browse the mdapplicants list you can also see what type of ECs and other padding the acceptances have had.

Members don't see this ad :)
The sample size is low, especially for this year, but it's hard to say if numbers are higher due to accepting better numbers early. Do they accept better numbers later as spots are more competitive, or do better numbers get you a quicker interview and therefore acceptance? Hard to tell, but the numbers are interesting. If you browse the mdapplicants list you can also see what type of ECs and other padding the acceptances have had.

haha, and I thought my MCAT would help me in UMDNJ.

wait, I dont think it counts this cycle. I think it is last two cycles as in 2005 and 2006. that means UMDNJ had that mcat and gpa average over two cycles? wow

wait, I dont think it counts this cycle. I think it is last two cycles as in 2005 and 2006. that means UMDNJ had that mcat and gpa average over two cycles? wow

whoops, I think you're right. geez, that makes some of the schools look even more impressive (or worse).

I browsed a few of the schools and was surprised to see a number of students getting accepted into school with a sub-20 MCAT. One guy even got in with a 17! yikes

whoops, I think you're right. geez, that makes some of the schools look even more impressive (or worse).

I browsed a few of the schools and was surprised to see a number of students getting accepted into school with a sub-20 MCAT. One guy even got in with a 17! yikes

I would not totally believe that...mdapps is not the most reliable...for someone to get in with a 17 thats like a 5 5 7.....yikes...I think I got a 17 on my very first practice test for the mcat before I studied and completed all of my reqs....

Those numbers seem higher or = to alot of allo programs. But I dont doubt it. By the way I would rather the the DO school of my choice then the MD schools in unfavorable places to live.

Des Moines webpage said lasts years class had an average MCAT of 25.7...I tend to believe the schools webpage.

its also probably worth mentioning that DO scores are going to continue to rise..at least thats my prediction.

It would be hard for anyone to convince me that with the rising # of applicants each year and the competitive pool increasing that GPA and MCAT numbers wont go considerably higher each year.

I have a feelling that the next few application cycles will be the last of the chance to get "grandfathered" into such a great profession as Osteopathy--especially as they get more and more recognition

For the record. anyone can enter any numbers they wish into MDapps. It is not verified.

You'd have to be pretty "cool" to wanna lie on a service that will really not help you get accepted in any way.

But yes, it's good to realize that people could BS the mdapps.
That should be a new anonymous poll: Who BS'ed on MDapps