how to setup a self study schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canez81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello fellow self mcat preppers! how could i go about setting up a schedule to help cover all of the material efficiently? Anyone know of maybe some websites? Im using the kaplan course books borrowed from a friend and my set of examkrackers books. I would like to review and cover all of the material within 2 months with a few occasional full length practice exams and the last month do nothing but drilling out full lengths till my eyes explode. Feel free to add any input or examples of the schedules anyone has created. Good luck to everyone prepping for mcat!

Members don't see this ad.

Here is what I did....I picked a start date and made an entry for each day up until the test day in excel.
I then documented how many chapters I had to go through and divided them equally. I then documented how many practice tests I had and divided them up.

there are millions of books out there which help you to set up a self study schedule.
go out and buy one.

i have one. it's fantastic!

EK's 10 week schedule can be found here:

http://home.comcast.net/~greet/Examkrackers_Home_Study_Schedule.htm

I broke it up so that I did each week on there over a two week span since I took the April test and couldn't do stuff for 3 hours each day. I also gave myself a few weeks before the test in which I was done going through the material the first time and then I just drilled the info I wasn't super clear on.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks shantster, thats exactly what i was looking for to use as an example to create a schedule.