How to solve NMR questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

torshi

Squirrel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to answer these. I have notes regarding this topic, but there were some discrete questions about this that had a quantitative answer with no NMR graph etc, I'm guessing I should know by observing the molecule given or idk..

I never took ochem 2, so ochem is sorta my downfall in BS, not too much though.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You mean like c=o bond is about 1700 and O-H bond is 3500 (or vice versa, cant remember off hand lol)?

If so, just memorize those numbers in the back of EK OChem chapter 4. If not, then I don't know (yet) hah.

You mean like c=o bond is about 1700 and O-H bond is 3500 (or vice versa, cant remember off hand lol)?

If so, just memorize those numbers in the back of EK OChem chapter 4. If not, then I don't know (yet) hah.

You're thinking about infrared spectroscopy, not NMR lol

And for what you need to know for the MCAT, NMR is a relatively simple topic once you get it done. It's like a "get the rules down and I can answer any question presented to me" type of topic.

Also, I'm not qualified to teach NMR via an SDN forum so I'll refer you to youtube. This guy has some pretty good videos on NMR and it will be more than sufficient enough to get you through what you need to know for the MCAT; albeit, he is a tad slow when it comes to teaching it as he does it quite thoroughly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxgX-7FO8g

You could also get a subscription to Chad's videos and learn NMR from his videos (more directed towards the actual topic on the MCAT) -- I recommend his videos to anyone! I loved watching them.