how to spend last month studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

estradiol9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 4 weeks left to study. I want to just work on practice questions and reviewing the notes I made for myself.

The material I have left is AAMC FL # 5R, 6R, 7R, 8R, 9R, 10R and I will purchase #11 also. I also have the Official Guide to the MCAT. I definitely want to do these materials because they are obviously the better practice. I finished TPR books and EK 1001 Bio and will finish EK 101 this week.

Now my question is.. is it even worth doing the EK 1001 gchem, ochem, and physics? They are all discrete questions and not exactly helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat. I'm just going to take as many practice tests as possible (AAMC, TPR, Kaplan). Right now I'm wavering around 30 and I want to get some cushion points in so I'm not so freaked out before the real thing. My personal weaknesses are organic chem and physics so I'm going to focus on those.

I'm in the same boat. I'm just going to take as many practice tests as possible (AAMC, TPR, Kaplan). Right now I'm wavering around 30 and I want to get some cushion points in so I'm not so freaked out before the real thing. My personal weaknesses are organic chem and physics so I'm going to focus on those.

Make sure to go through the AAMC outline and get down anything you don't already have down. Anything there is fair game, make sure you could do a whole passage on it

Members don't see this ad :)
With that little time left, its probably more worth it to do more practice than such general concept review. That is, unless you have so little ability on one specific topic (you said physics, but thats too much to review, if you're unsure when it comes to fluid dynamics though, definitely spend an hour or two on it). Overall, there is nothing as good as those Fls (maybe section tests?)