How to spot a gunner (pro-medical school edition)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
laptop_studio_15_healing_patterns_314.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not really gunner until that person starts hacking YOUR laptop to steal your notes. Pwned by pretty pink benzyl laptop.

I want to note that the groups on the laptop are not all benzyl groups. There are some cyclohexanes, cyclohexenes and cyclopentenes.

(Who's the gunner now?)

I want to note that the groups on the laptop are not all benzyl groups. There are some cyclohexanes, cyclohexenes and cyclopentenes.

(Who's the gunner now?)

Don't forget the cyclopropyl groups!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I want that! Does it come with matching scrubs that I can wear everyday to pre-med classes? How about a matching surgical cap?!!!!

:poke:

What does that have to do with gunners?

You're only a gunner when you know the mechanisms, and then tell other people an incorrect mechanism on purpose!

+1 just being smart, educated, interested in what you're learning does NOT make you a gunner. You have to actively put people down i.e. misinformation (this is where "gunning them down" fits in) to make yourself look better to be a gunner. Just performing is not the same as gunning

Reactions: 1 users
Not unless you can point out some nitrogens on there to me...

They haven't labeled any of the non-carbon atoms, but that doesn't mean it's not AZT. It just means it's artistic. Check out the general structure; it definitely fits. You'll also notice that all the other molecules are HIV antiretroviral drugs too. Efavirenz, lamivudine, etc.

EDIT: In fact, I just did a little research. The cover design is by Bruce Mau, and is inspired by the science behind fighting AIDS (it's one of the Dell (Product) Red designs, as you can see). Check it out.

Last edited: