How To Stay Focused!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SorceryX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on like my 14th practice test......I usually try to take one a day, and if I start getting behind in checking...I take a day or two off...I know that's rushing, but the 19th is rushing too. I can't seem to keep focused when I am doing tests anymore! Today my eyes actually closed for a bit while taking the test. I think I got enough sleep.....I ate some honey nut cheerios.........and I've always been going to the same library. What gives?!?!

How do you guys stay focused while taking your test?

On one verbal section.....they were talking about like artificats from old Iraq......and my mind started to drift on the current war of Iraq, and then I starting thinking of the Israel/Lebanon war. How do you force your mind to stay in testing mode?!?!

Any help would be appreciated...

On Kaplan Full Lentghs, is it wise to still take them under the time and not finish? Or forget about time, try all, and treat it solely as testing for content, and not time. Ahahha, just all confusssssed. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

SorceryX said:
I'm on like my 14th practice test......I usually try to take one a day, and if I start getting behind in checking...I take a day or two off...I know that's rushing, but the 19th is rushing too. I can't seem to keep focused when I am doing tests anymore! Today my eyes actually closed for a bit while taking the test. I think I got enough sleep.....I ate some honey nut cheerios.........and I've always been going to the same library. What gives?!?!

How do you guys stay focused while taking your test?

On one verbal section.....they were talking about like artificats from old Iraq......and my mind started to drift on the current war of Iraq, and then I starting thinking of the Israel/Lebanon war. How do you force your mind to stay in testing mode?!?!

Any help would be appreciated...

On Kaplan Full Lentghs, is it wise to still take them under the time and not finish? Or forget about time, try all, and treat it solely as testing for content, and not time. Ahahha, just all confusssssed. :scared:

you are just too tired. it happened to me too. just remember you have to balance quality and quantity, meaning if you do too many exams and be too tired to understand what you are doing there is no use. try do one exam in one day---timed, then relax for the rest of the day. wake up early next morning and analyze it(exam). write down ur mistakes. make sure to spend some time going over all the science formulas for the PS. i quarantee you, if you stay positive and do not overwork yourself, you;ll do really well on the exam. :)
and make sure you rest well before the actual exam (very important).

do you have your strategy down? If so take a break from the testing and just review material. I have taken around 14 practice tests and now just plan on studying the content since I have my test taking stategy down. At this point, having knowledge is more important than continually testing. Give your brain a break so it will be rested when the real one comes.

i m new to MCAT and i am already
having difficulty to stay focus.

cheers
magilla

Members don't see this ad :)
find some zen-like pseudo chant, and repeat that whenever you lose focus.

my current chant is "tout tout pour ma cherie."

grapeflavorsoda said:
find some zen-like pseudo chant, and repeat that whenever you lose focus.

my current chant is "tout tout pour ma cherie."

Hmm....interesting strategy!!