How to stop making stupid mistakes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smile80

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on this one. I could probably get at least two more points in every section if I wasn't making stupid mistakes. I have a feeling that it is due to the fact that I have to rush through everthing to get finish.

Members don't see this ad.

identify the stupid mistakes you are making first. then when a similar question pops up remember that stupid mistake.

alternatively, you could practice on similar questions making sure you get the idea in ur head.

stupid mistakes can be avoidable if you arent stupid enuf to repeat them.

I agree with the above post, but also realize that you probably will make some dumb mistakes on the exam. It will be too difficult to fix them all, so don't expect perfection. You can, however, significantly reduce the number that you make. :thumbup: Good luck! I make my share of dumb mistakes, too.

I always used to make atleast 3 stupid mistakes in the PS section and this always ended up preventing me from getting the next higher score. So what I did was make a list of all the stupid mistakes I did and came up with strategies on how to avoid those mistakes next time. Now the problem is during the test we tend to forget these strategies so before every passage in PS (BS and VR too) I take 5 seconds to remind myself these strategies and any other thing I want to be conscious about. You'd be surprised but this little 5 second investment has shot my PS and BS scores in the 13-15 (mostly getting 14s) range because I've eliminated my stupid mistakes.