How to strengthen the resume over a period of two years before applying to dental school ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denldh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I am an international dentist. Graduated in 2007.
I got married, then blessed with a baby and moved to USA in 2011.
Since that time, I've been taking care of my baby because couldn't afford baby sitter or daycare expenses.
So far I have passed part 1 in 2012 And hopefully will take my part 2 later this year.
I am taking a longer time due to the responsibilities of my kid.
But as now she grown Older. And started going to preschool I am thinking of going back to my profession.

So my questions are
1) are there any chances of mine to get accepted into dental schools? As I am all out of touch of dentistry and not doing anything.
2) can this gap on the resume be filled in upcoming year or two?
3) how can I improve my chances of getting an interview call if I apply to dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Denldh,

I'm not gonna say it's going to be easy, but you can definitely make it happen. I've seen similar examples before.

So yes, there is a chance for you to get into dental school. You'll need to become a desirable applicant from now on though. Your gap in the CV will always be there, there's no way to fill the gap that already happened, you can only take care of what you do from now on.
Get engaged in dental assisting, research, and volunteer activity etc whatever you can. Another way would be go go to school for either a masters or preceptor program. You'll need to be proactive and start finding opportunities for you to be a part of. Nobody will hand them to you, only you can find them.

Good luck!

Thank you! I appreciate your response !