• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

How to study Anki cards in order?

bme94

2+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    OMS-I here. I've made some Anki cards, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to review the cards in order by which they were created. Can someone help?

Thanks!

MakeLifeHappen13

5+ Year Member
    Jul 9, 2016
    1. Medical Student
      That's because it is a spaced repetition system. It's not going to show you cards that you marked as 'Easy' until the next day. It is going to continue showing you cards you marked as 'Again' until you learn them. I don't think there is a way to make them go in exact order of creation. If you're looking for that type of system you might want to try Quizlet or Flashcard machine.

Reactions: 1 user

austintr

5000 candles in the wind
      7+ Year Member
      May 21, 2014
      Probably the library
      1. Medical Student
        Reviewing cards according to the algorithm is more beneficial than reviewing cards in the order in which you created them anyways, IMO. If you go through the exact same sequence of cards multiple times, you can start relying too much on pattern recognition rather than actually understanding the concepts.

I'm not a huge user of flashcards, but when I do use Anki, I review cards from every subject integrated into one deck. This helps ensure I'm actually grasping the concept behind each card rather than memorizing the order the cards pop up on the screen and thus relying on previous cards to help me figure out certain answers.

Reactions: 1 users

NVO

7+ Year Member
        May 6, 2014
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          if you really want to study it in the order you made it, click the deck --> custom study (bottom of the screen) --> study by card state or tag --> new cards only

note that if you use it this way, itll be just like using normal flashcards and the spaced repetition system wont work (or be affected)

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.