How to study for Gen Chem

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by adin, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. adin

adin 2+ Year Member

I'm having a really hard time studying Gen Chem. I started doing Destroyer problems and I'm getting really discouraged as I am getting over half the problems wrong. I've heard Chad's videos are pretty much the best but I am trying to avoid spending the money. Is Khan Academy comparable? Or any other source?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. clutchfans

clutchfans 2+ Year Member

Youtube is a great source to learn the gen chem

4. raptor93

raptor93 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Chad's videos are the best period. I think its about 100 bucks, thats the same amount of money you spend on applying to one dental school. If you learn it all properly you can theoretically get a perfect score on GChem and OChem. Can't think about 100 bucks when your going to dental school man, spend money to make money right.

5. SGStudent

SGStudent 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I completely agree with raptor.. Chad is the man when it comes to Chemistry. His quizzes will also help you drill those important concepts that are common questions on the DAT. Also if that's not enough, I also recommend Second Language of General Chemistry I Mastering the Fundamentals Skills I used this whenever I was confuse with Chad's videos: like with grams, into molecules, or into atoms.

About the ads