How to study for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you say a good regiment is for studying for the DAT is???

I was thinking maybe hitting the Kaplan book first, then DAT Destroyer and TopScore, and then I will be taking the Kaplan course. What do you guys think/recommend?

PDG

Members don't see this ad.

What would you say a good regiment is for studying for the DAT is???

I was thinking maybe hitting the Kaplan book first, then DAT Destroyer and TopScore, and then I will be taking the Kaplan course. What do you guys think/recommend?

PDG

I definitly agree that kaplan should be the way you start preparing. Either use the blue book and work on your own, or take the class (only if you feel you really need an instructor or think you will benefit from a structured course). There is no need to do both. You may also want to suplement the kaplan biology with Schaum's outline of Biology. Once you feel you really understand everything in kaplan, you should move to top score as these practice test are the most true to the DAT format you will probably find. You can also consider using something like DAT destroyer or or DAT achiever if you want additional help or practice. Give yourself a couple of months of good studying and you will be ready. Good luck.

* Kaplan blue book
* Schaum's outline of biology