1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How to study for Verbal Ability on PCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by abeautifulday, Sep 6, 2014.

1. abeautifulday

5+ Year Member

Hi Guys,

I plan on retake the PCAT . I can self-study other parts, but I didn't know how to study for Verbal ABility. Besides Dr. Collins vocab, I wonder if studying GREs, SAT vocabs would help? I feel like the GRE or SAT vocab for reading or literature. Anyone has any way to study for VA?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gagequintin

IMO you either know it or you don't for the most part. But practice questions can't hurt

4. tehshield

Pre-Pharmacy
    I personally learned the types of questions that they may give (can be gotten from practice tests) and then I studied off the top 200 GRE words and made them into flash cards. Those two things helped me get a 99 in that section.

abeautifulday likes this.
  5. babeprecious

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    is that the only words u studied for the verbal ? did u also study dr. collins words ?

abeautifulday likes this.
  6. tehshield

Pre-Pharmacy
    all I used was a Kaplan book to get practice tests and to learn test type wording and questions. then I just studied my 200 GRE flashcards I made.

7. oldstock

oldstock Membership Revoked
    Removed

practice speed reading and speed analyzing what you read :)

8. lucy1212

Hey I'm selling my Dr. Collins 2012 w/updates and the PCAT destroyer as a package for $150. I bought it off a friend for 230 and never ended up using it (the school I have an interview for doesn't require it). So it's in brand new condition.
    Message me if anyone wants!
    [email protected]

9. abeautifulday

5+ Year Member

Thanks for you guy's suggestion and English is my second language. I am trying to learn in you guy's way and hope it will help. I will have my PCAT on this Oct