How to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drewsuf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I was wondering how everyone studies. I have been reading the chapters in the Kaplan books, doing the questions at the end of the chapter and then doing questions from the EK 1001 question books. Despite how much I've been studying, I seem to be going in a reverse direction as opposed to improving my scores. I was wondering if anyone has some different methods of improving their score or some advice for me. I'm so stressed!! Please help!!:scared:

dr_90210

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how everyone studies. I have been reading the chapters in the Kaplan books, doing the questions at the end of the chapter and then doing questions from the EK 1001 question books. Despite how much I've been studying, I seem to be going in a reverse direction as opposed to improving my scores. I was wondering if anyone has some different methods of improving their score or some advice for me. I'm so stressed!! Please help!!:scared:

1) open ur EK books
2) grasp the book pages with both hand
3) use all ur strength to tear the book apart
4) buy books from campanies w/o numerous obvious errata (such as Kaplan or Princeton review)

dochoov

Intercalating Death Disk
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the Kaplan practice material isn't quite reflective of the real thing, the VR and PS especially.

deewhit12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I agree, the Kaplan stuff didn't really work that well for me. And after getting a 14 on my first try of their Verbal practice exam I got a 9 on the real thing. Can those who have succeeded come to some sort of concensus to say which is the best? I know that different things work for different people, but somebody in the know please tell us all what the best study material to buy is.

estairella

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) open ur EK books
2) grasp the book pages with both hand
3) use all ur strength to tear the book apart
4) buy books from campanies w/o numerous obvious errata (such as Kaplan or Princeton review)

Why do I get the feeling you're a troll?