• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Drewsuf

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was wondering how everyone studies. I have been reading the chapters in the Kaplan books, doing the questions at the end of the chapter and then doing questions from the EK 1001 question books. Despite how much I've been studying, I seem to be going in a reverse direction as opposed to improving my scores. I was wondering if anyone has some different methods of improving their score or some advice for me. I'm so stressed!! Please help!!:scared:

dr_90210

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
I was wondering how everyone studies. I have been reading the chapters in the Kaplan books, doing the questions at the end of the chapter and then doing questions from the EK 1001 question books. Despite how much I've been studying, I seem to be going in a reverse direction as opposed to improving my scores. I was wondering if anyone has some different methods of improving their score or some advice for me. I'm so stressed!! Please help!!:scared:

1) open ur EK books
2) grasp the book pages with both hand
3) use all ur strength to tear the book apart
4) buy books from campanies w/o numerous obvious errata (such as Kaplan or Princeton review)

dochoov

Intercalating Death Disk
10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think the Kaplan practice material isn't quite reflective of the real thing, the VR and PS especially.

About the Ads

deewhit12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
I agree, the Kaplan stuff didn't really work that well for me. And after getting a 14 on my first try of their Verbal practice exam I got a 9 on the real thing. Can those who have succeeded come to some sort of concensus to say which is the best? I know that different things work for different people, but somebody in the know please tell us all what the best study material to buy is.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.