How to total GPA if i took some classes at a CC and the rest at a university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exacto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does this work? I took a year at a community college, busted my butt and did extremely well and was accepted into my goal college. I did almost all of my pre-med requirements at the college, and graduated with my degree. I then took a few last classes to finish all my requirements for medical school at the community college after graduating. Do i just average the two GPA's together, that doesnt seem right...

Members don't see this ad.

How does this work? I took a year at a community college, busted my butt and did extremely well and was accepted into my goal college. I did almost all of my pre-med requirements at the college, and graduated with my degree. I then took a few last classes to finish all my requirements for medical school at the community college after graduating. Do i just average the two GPA's together, that doesnt seem right...
You don't average it.
Use this buddy. http://gpacalculator.net/college-gpa-calculator/

Use your total quality points and total number of units to calculate your GPA. Don't average them, that would be wrong.