J.Pearlman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hello everyone, I have a question about those online secondaries. I have been backed up for weeks trying to type onto those pdf format secondaries. How do I do it.......do I just copy the whole document and paste in word. But then the secondary doesn't look like the original secondary, it has its fields in all the wrong places. Can someone please give a step by step on how to work with these acrobat secondaries. Your help much appreciated. Thank you.

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying...but the way I found that works, although it's sort of a pain, is to use the text box tool in Acrobat, and make text boxes where you want to "type" something.

-RA

nitemagi

15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
An easier way, which I only myself discovered recently, is to use the touch up text tool. Hold control, and click wherever you want to type. A line of text will be added.

OP
J

J.Pearlman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Ok, I am trying to ask how people are typing their secondaries (except those typing them on a typewriter). Almost all my secondaries are online (pdf format, or adobe acrobat format). Now, I have tried everything possible to type in any text into any field on the pdf files, but it looks like the whole file is just a background and you cant type into fields. So any other suggestions..... until then, I'll try what the last post advised, thanks nitemagi.

gotgirth

Greatest Icon in Wrestlng
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
I think to "type" onto pdf files you need the actual Adobe Acrobat program, not just the Acrobat reader program that is free for download.

The Adobe Acrobat program then lets you type in the pdf file, add text boxes etc. It costs quite a bit though I think so you may want to find a "friend" who will let you use his for a bit.

Also, even in Acrobat it can still be cumbersome if you need to move parts of the app around (add a bit more space for your response, etc.). A solution for this is to open the pdf file in photoshop, which then lets you cut and paste freely (a bit cumbersome, but if you are familiar with the program not too bad).

So the easiest way to type into a pdf file?...Probably just to print it out and use a typewriter;) .

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2000
Natchitoches, LA / Tucson, AZ
Visit site
Status
I just downloaded the file on Reader and pasted it to word. I fussed with the word document to make it look like the actual application by keeping the online app open for a reference. Mine turned out okay but it is kind of a pain. But it's better than finding a typewriter in this day and age!! :laugh:

Just kidding. (Sorry if I offended any Pro- Typers out there!) But seroiusly. That's what I did and my apps look great! (The format at least!)

DarkChild

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Status
you need the full version of adobe.
if you still dont have it, or havent figured out a work around, by say 7PM tonight, PM me and I'll set up an FTP site.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Status
If I'm not mistaken, Adobe Acrobat is simply a PDF File converter. So you need something like Microsoft word, type up your application, then convert the DOC file to PDF.

You can do this usually (if you have adobe acrobat installed that is, not the reader of course), by clicking print then where you normally select printer u have to select PDF writer.

Good Luck

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by DarkChild
this wont last long.
I/P: 192.168.1.101
L/P: adobe/adobe

Ummm...that's not a valid routable IP address. It's a Class C internal IP (i.e. only people within your network can access it).

-RA

nitemagi

15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
An,

when dealing with major and regular changes, from which you have the original word document, it is better to use word. But Adobe Acrobat(full version) can definitely be used to alter and fill out pdf's. In fact I believe it is the preferred way to use pdf's. There's acrobat distiller and pdf maker, which can convert other files, like postscripts and word docs, but acrobat itself is used for interfacing and altering pdf's themselves.