How to update AMCAS for MCAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FIREitUP

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am disappointed in my score from June, but have already submitted my AMCAS (it hasn't been verified yet). How would I go about indicating that I will be retaking the exam? It doesn't let me alter my application because it has been submitted. Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am disappointed in my score from June, but have already submitted my AMCAS (it hasn't been verified yet). How would I go about indicating that I will be retaking the exam? It doesn't let me alter my application because it has been submitted. Thank you very much.
i figured it out, my apologies.

hey guys, i'm actually quite confused as to what I should do at this point. I want to retake, but when I try to update amcas with when I wish to retake the exam again, it reverts back to putting the date I took it previously. Do I have to wait for it to be verified and then change it? Thanks for your help.

hey i actually just updated mine. You just click on other MCAT or something to that affect. Then the menu will pop up and you click the date your taking the new test and hit continue and once you do all that you re-submit your application and then it will save. hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i actually just updated mine. You just click on other MCAT or something to that affect. Then the menu will pop up and you click the date your taking the new test and hit continue and once you do all that you re-submit your application and then it will save. hope this helps!
so do you mean i have to go to the main menu and click submit again?