How to update programs about accepted articles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So it's post-ERAS application submission, and I noted in my application that I submitted an article. Just recently I found out it's been accepted for publication. What is the best way to update programs I've already applied to about this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Talk about it during your interview.

What about those programs that haven't sent me an interview invite yet? Should I wait until the article is published and provide the DOI/URL then, or is it okay to let them know now that it's been provisionally accepted?

What about those programs that haven't sent me an interview invite yet? Should I wait until the article is published and provide the DOI/URL then, or is it okay to let them know now that it's been provisionally accepted?

No, don't do this - it is clutter for the program coordinator and likely won't move the needle too much unless it's a first author paper in NEJM or something. It's still early October and many programs haven't even started interviews yet - presumably you let them know initially your paper was in submission, you can update them in a couple months if you want to send a "hey still interested" message but certainly not now.

Reactions: 1 user
One new publication is unlikely to change an interview decision. As suggested, when you interview and you're asked "So what's new?", this is your answer.

Reactions: 1 users