How to use aamc self assessment package for retakers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

super linrondo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

i got a 28R on my september MCAT; the breakdown is 11/7/10. since i exhausted through lots of good practice tests from aamc, TPR, TBR the first time, i'm trying to find new practice materials. i'm also trying to figure out how to improve verbal (DAMN THAT 7!!).

i came across the new aamc self assessment tests and i'm not sure how to best utilize it. should i take it now and find my specific weakness so i can work on them, or should i save them for when i'm closer to my retake date, since i already used all the aamc FLs?

any suggestion would be much appreciated!!

thanks so much! =)

Members don't see this ad.

it's pretty unanimous on this site that the EK 101 verbal workbook offers one of the best sources for verbal practice. did you use this book at all for verbal practice on your first attempt? If not, you can buy the book on amazon for around $20 i believe. The book contains 101 verbal passages and is divided into 14 full length verbal exams with 40 questions each. if you do all of them, you should see some improvement

also, a lot of people suggest reading the Economist (or other similarly high-leveled news magazine) on a daily basis in order to boost your reading speed/comprehension/skills. if you can, try to spend at least 30 minutes everyday reading high-leveled materials from magazines or newspapers.

but regardless, your top priority is to do verbal practice passages, and one of the best places to do them is from that EK 101 book I just told you about. And great job on your science sections!

good luck

Hi everyone!

i got a 28R on my september MCAT; the breakdown is 11/7/10. since i exhausted through lots of good practice tests from aamc, TPR, TBR the first time, i'm trying to find new practice materials. i'm also trying to figure out how to improve verbal (DAMN THAT 7!!).

i came across the new aamc self assessment tests and i'm not sure how to best utilize it. should i take it now and find my specific weakness so i can work on them, or should i save them for when i'm closer to my retake date, since i already used all the aamc FLs?

any suggestion would be much appreciated!!

thanks so much! =)