How to use interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me detailed steps of how to use interfolio and does it cost money???

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone give me detailed steps of how to use interfolio and does it cost money???
yes, it costs money. You have to buy an account & pay to send the LORs

1. Put in your LOR writers name and print a slip for them. Tell them to mail their LOR with this slip to the Interfolio address (on the slip)
2. Wait for LOR to arrive at Interfolio
3. Choose a school to send the LOR to & follow the instructions on sending the LOR to this school. Pay for shipping/electronic delivery

For the special code write- "sdn" so you can get a discount

Members don't see this ad :)
Is interfolio a closed or open file?
If it is open, don't medical schools want closed files.
If it is closed, can't you just send the LOR to yourself and see it. (If so I think they should have made it much more secure somehow).

Is interfolio a closed or open file?
If it is open, don't medical schools want closed files.
If it is closed, can't you just send the LOR to yourself and see it. (If so I think they should have made it much more secure somehow).

I think you can pick either

As part of our site redesign that went live yesterday, there is now a "How it Works" section that hopefully gives a good overview of how you would use the system. Here's the link:

https://www.interfolio.com/demo/

The site should also answer a lot of other general questions.

Interfolio does support closed, or confidential, letters of recommendation. As osumc2014 mentions, this choice is up to you. There are several other posts on SDN regarding the security of the confidential letters applicants store with us. To reiterate, we have numerous technological and manual checks in place to make sure that letters are going to proper destinations (i.e. admissions offices).

Thanks!

Jack