Employment & Professional Networking How typical is this starting salary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oblock

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was browsing through "Occupational Therapy" jobs on Indeed (bored) and ran across this ad. I'm about a year out (hopefully) of starting OT School so from time to time I check on job boards to see what might be waiting for me after I finish school. This seems kind of ridiculous but Nevada is a weird state in regards to salary anyway..

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/My-Left-F...H1VqDLKIytliQFQOUhpl48ths7fEkEobL6eP4VOvQ9Wph

Full-Time Positions Include:
1. An Excellent starting salary of $90,000 to $110,000 (depending on experience, special skills, availability, and any second languages)
2. A Sign-on bonus up to $10,000 ($1,000 for every year of full-time pediatric experience)!
3. A Relocation bonus
4. Group Medical Insurance (six PPO plans to choose from)
5. Dental and Vision Insurance
6. Paid Holidays
7. Paid Vacation/Personal Time
8. Employee 401(k) Retirement Plan w/Company Match
9. (FSA) Flexible Spending Account
10. Company paid CEU's for NV Annual License Renewal

Members don't see this ad.

Wow... cant beleive it. I think its about Demand and Supply . Is it a rural area ? Las Vegas Valley is may be rural? Something like this is SD would be great. Call the company and find out.

You did see the part about one year of full time experience in peds being required, right? This is not a fresh out of school new grad offer.

However, other than that fact, I would call this a generous offer. (Almost so generous that I'm wondering what the catch is). What are the productivity expectations? Cancellation policies? Expected work schedule? (They mention that salary can depend on availability, that makes me think they want late afternoon/early evenings and/or weekends). How much time do they allow for documentation? Or will you be taking it all home? Etc.