EclecticMind

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
I welcome anyone's input here... but I doubt that those of you that just blew step 1 outta the water (you know who you are) will be of much help with my worries here... but my congrats to you anyway (and I do mean that).

But I'm the guy that you sometimes see in medical school that hates every second he has to spend studying... and hates those seconds with a passion... but for some fateful reason has always wanted to be a doctor (go figure ???). I'm the guy who went to UGA and partied like it was his job... and did the bare minimum to make sure he made an A in whatever classes he was taking... and luckily got in med school anyway. I'm the guy who has crammed for every single test he's ever taken... and step 1 was no exception. Needless to say, I'm the guy you see in medical school that's worried like hell whether he passed his step 1 boards or not.

But, besides all of that... I'd like to hear from people that left the boards worried that they may have failed... but yet still felt like there was a decent chance that they had passed. If for nothing else than for piece-of-mind... at least until I get my scores back. I just keep remembering little nit-picky questions that I should have gotten, but probably missed b/c I was reading too much into the question. That's what's killing me right now... remembering questions that I most likely missed.

Ok, I'm tired of writing now... and I'm sure most of you are tired of reading this (if you've even made it this far)... but I'm sure it's obvious what I'm really asking here... basically, just how you felt after you took step 1, if you remembered questions you missed, etc, etc,... and obviously, how things turned out for you. Thanks... I appreciate your feedback.

monstermatch

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
Man, i was so miserable after I took step 1 - I spent the next week obsessing over answers to questions that I couldn't quite remember but was sure that I'd missed. The worst is when you actually come across something, realize it was on the test and you answered it wrong, and then realize that it should have been an easy point! Happens to everyone. Everything turned out ok for me - i'm sure you did just fine. Hang in there.

zedpol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2003
Visit site
Status
I finished 2.5 hours early, initially felt like i rocked it, then in the following weeks i started getting more and more insecure. I vascilated between thinking i barely passed to I rocked it.

Things turned out well in the end

OP
E

EclecticMind

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure that I'm just going through the typical mental torture that comes with the post-step 1 saga of waiting for your score. I just wanted to know that I wasn't the only one. Thanks.

neilc

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2001
sunny CA
Visit site
Status
i thought i did decent. never thought i crushed it, i never thought i totally blew it...but i went from thinking i beat the mean comfortably to wondering by how many points i would barely pass the thing.

turned out that i passed by only 10 points. was totally disappointed.

now i am in the waiting for step 2. needed to do well. left the exam thinking it was allright. looked up a few of the toughies, and seemed to get about 2 out of 3 right. so, i am hoping a did a little better. but, no matter what i think, the only thing that matters is the stupid score...we all gotta wait, and no matter how we think we did, it is really tough to even guess, unless you absolutely crushed it.

good luck to you, and i am sure you will do well!

bigfrank

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2002
E-USA
Visit site
Status
Everyone I've talked to, myself included, seemed to get the wrong impression. It's really difficult to "infer" your score.