how Undergraduate school affect your admission ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swaglhighlevel

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i read a lot of threads about this topic and i found many different opinions a lot of agree it affect your admission and other think it doesn't

I want to become a dentist, i know it depends about your GPA ,DAT activities and community services.
I want to ask how people choose their undergraduate on which base you choose at the end of your high school year to attend school A instead of school B. (no one of my family graduate from high school, or attend a college) that's why i don't know how to choose one. I'm actually religious and i want to go to a christian school, it's my dream since junior high but because the cost of education. it's almost impossible :(

I live in CA, my question now "How undergraduate school help you to attend a dental school?". I don't have much money, so right now i have two choice:

Choice A:

I'm leaning towards doing my first two years of my pre-dental at a community college and then transferring over to a public university in CA to finish things up.
Would starting out at a community college really come to bite me in the back later when I'm applying for dental schools though? especially i might take 1 year bio, 1 year organic and inorganic chem at CC

Choice B
is to attend a local school, it's actually a CSU, (this not a comparison btw CSU or UC ) it cost only 7,625 for the year, but can i know that this school have a big pre-dental community or the adviser are professional and would help
i check their website and it's from 2011, and the links are old and they doesn't give any information about there organization or if anyone attend a dental school from this school, and the adviser told me when you become a freshman and got admitted we will assist you, but you're not a student so we will not be able to guide you.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools allow you to take one or two years at a community college or a certain number of credits at a community college are allowed. It's depends where you want to go for dental school. Most dental schools want the science and lab courses at a 4 year university/college. For me, I'm going to a cheap undergrad school in my state since I don't want to have a lot of loans from undergrad and dental school.