How was the UC Davis Re-Visit Weekend?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
S

Smile'n'Wink MD

I couldn't make it, but am anxious to hear what you did and thought of it. Thanks so much :)

finnpipette

Fallen from Grace
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
CA
Visit site
Status
man this new setup looks cool, but it sucks and is totally un-usable. I tried to paste a link to the last page of uc davis suspense, which has descriptions of the visit, but...that didn't work. Anyhow, the revisit weekend rocked. The hospitals were like hotels and the clinics were amazing. Seems like a great place to get sound clinical training.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It was great and really got me excited to get started. The deans were awesome and are very receptive to implementing student ideas for new clinics, programs, etc. We toured the med center, which is amazing, and three of the student clinics. The student run clinics are awesome, let you get some great clinical experience early on. It sounds like Davis students are very well-prepared clinically and the word is getting out to residency programs around the country. Davis also has a new dean from UCLA who is very into building the school's reputation. Overall, it was a great weekend and everyone was very nice and very chill.

About the Ads

GoSkins2004

15+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2004
www.ninad.net
Status
So I'm finally on this SDN thing...the Davis re-visit weekend was great, and I was throughly impressed with the school. The clinics were awesome. Yet, ultimately I think I'm going to be going to UCSD...I had a great time meeting all of you who went though.

About the Ads