How we can dress up in cold climate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shery

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
it is my first time in cooooold wheather so I don't know should we have our formal suit with a coat andd that is it or it is not enough and the heater inside the school do we need just a light clothes during the interview or what please guys thank you

Members don't see this ad.

it is my first time in cooooold wheather so I don't know should we have our formal suit with a coat andd that is it or it is not enough and the heater inside the school do we need just a light clothes during the interview or what please guys thank you

For an interview you have to wear a suit. Guys don't have a choice. Women can wear a skirt suit or a pants suit. If wearing a skirt, make sure to wear hose, that helps keep you warm. Or wearing knee high boots.
For pants suit you can wear long jons inside and that would keep you warm.
Inside school buildings, it is nice w/ heaters and everything.

If preps are involved, you can change in the school restroom into scrubs. Or do what I did- take off the jacket and wear the disposable gown provided (in most schools).

For an interview you have to wear a suit. Guys don't have a choice. Women can wear a skirt suit or a pants suit. If wearing a skirt, make sure to wear hose, that helps keep you warm. Or wearing knee high boots.

If preps are involved, you can change in the school restroom into scrubs. Or do what I did- take off the jacket and wear the disposable gown provided (in most schools).
hi guys
will that be appropriate to keep the buttons of coat open

Members don't see this ad :)
Its always a good idea to keep the buttons closed,looks more professional.

Thank you La Fae wish us luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should girls carry purse
thanks

I obsessively carry a wallet w/ ID, credit/debit card, little(<$10) cash, sun glasses, lipstick, comb ( I am pretty vain) :laugh:, breath mints, candy, keys and cell phone. So yes, a big bag is a must for me.:cool::D:laugh:

Of course you dont *have* to do anything. Although some schools ask that we carry ID/Photo/transcripts for the interview.

Let me clarify
UPENN had asked that we bring photo, I believe Pacific had too, on the interview day.
UCSF, LLU and USC had asked that we bring photo IDs and they verified it on the first day of the interview.

hi there i would appreciate if u could tell us the dress code for girls.do we have to wear a wollen coat above the dress suit,carry a purse etcwht other girls have been wearin?thanks

hi there i would appreciate if u could tell us the dress code for girls.do we have to wear a wollen coat above the dress suit,carry a purse etcwht other girls have been wearin?thanks

Ya if it is really cold wear the wool coat. Depending on your cold tolerance level, scarf, gloves and ear muffs/cap too. Carry a bag/purse to hold IDs and credit cards. You may have to get a folder for transcripts if that is required for the interview.

School building are nice and warm, so you can take those off once inside.

thanks for the advice e1.. was wondering too.. and are stripes in suit normal and ok?

thanks for the advice e1.. was wondering too.. and are stripes in suit normal and ok?
oh ya. Totally.

These days, there is so much variety in formal wear, its great!

In cold climate you have to go in formal suit for an interview because it creates a great impression on the interviewer. You can also use inner body warmers to protect yourself.

In cold climate you have to go in formal suit for an interview because it creates a great impression on the interviewer. You can also use inner body warmers to protect yourself.
girls tell abt the make up ......how much you wear......

girls tell abt the make up ......how much you wear......

depends on the individual-- some go very basic- powder and chap stick...some others do the whole hog- foundation, blush, lipstick, shadow, mascara....whatever you can apply skillfully and feel good about yourself.