How we chose: last minute help for the undecided!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somewhere2010

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm still seeing lots of "this vs. that" threads around...seeing as may 15 is in like 5 seconds, i think those of us who struggled to make a decision but managed to by now should help out those who are still undecided! i'll start:

Cornell vs. Michigan : cornell's curriculum and location were more what i wanted, though a bit less familiar - i decided it was time to get out of my comfort zone! money was comparable.

you guys can change this format to whatever you think is most helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Cornell vs. Michigan : cornell's curriculum and location were more what i wanted, though a bit less familiar - i decided it was time to get out of my comfort zone! money was comparable.

Duke vs. Wash U: Duke's 1 year curriculum seems very attractive, I dislike lecture very much and look forward to seeing patients a year early. The 1 year to pursue research or a second degree was also very interesting. Even though I'm from L.A., I live in the quiet suburbs of L.A. county, so Durham, NC is more my cup of tea than St. Louis.

bumpity bump! any other advice? time's a tickin...

kirexhana said:

Duke vs. Wash U: Duke's 1 year curriculum seems very attractive, I dislike lecture very much and look forward to seeing patients a year early. The 1 year to pursue research or a second degree was also very interesting. Even though I'm from L.A., I live in the quiet suburbs of L.A. county, so Durham, NC is more my cup of tea than St. Louis.

Cornell vs. Hopkins Cornell's location (stuff to do right around the campus and in NYC in general), presence of friend network in NYC (Yalies, Harvard peeps, NU peeps, Gtown, etc.), very interesting and chill incoming class (more intense and awkward incoming class at Hopkins), more active learning environment (PBL), limited lecture, good enough match list that my performance would determine where I matched.