How well did you think you did?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheerin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I felt the PCATS(October 2009) was a really reasonable exam with the proper preparation. The math section is extremely difficult to finish especially since you need to do everything by hand, The chemistry section consisted of too much organic which I think I wasn't prepared for since I'm taking organic this semester. The biology part consist mostly of ecology and bacterias which I felt the Kaplan prep didn't help at all and I went over the whole book. The reading and verbal were pretty hard probably because english isn't my strongest subject. I personally felt studying over the Collins self prep a few days before the exam was the best study preparation I did and I've been studying for around a month. Hopefully this would help future test takers.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I took the PCAT in October as well, but I'm not too sure about how I did. I found verbal and reading comprehension sections to be pretty easy (English is my best subject ... which sucks for pharmacy, but oh well). I thought that the biology section was reasonable (that may be because I really liked Microbiology). I thought I did ok on the math section, but everyone has been saying that it was very difficult, so now I'm pretty sure that I did terrible on it. As for the chemistry section ... don't even ask. I'm going to order the Dr. Collins study material and start studying for the January test!

I took the Oct '09 exam....I'm not really sure HOW to feel about that exam. I thought the verbal was tough, and barely finished on time. Everyone else has been saying they found that section easy, but I thought it was much harder than the practice tests. Verbal was also one section I was worried about going into the exam. It took me a while to get into the "groove" of actually taking the PCAT I think. The Biology was okay, def. my best section, although there were a few tricky questions. I found the chemistry to be difficult, which frustrates me b/c that was my best section going into the exam. I had to guess on a question due to time restraints and orgo was my thing, but the questions were very tricky. Reading comp, you can never tell...hopefully it went well. Math.....well I had to guess on like the last 4-5 questions, and I didn't really feel confident about a lot of the answers...so we will see.

I hope to have scored about the 60% percentile (being realistic). But only time will tell if I have to start studying for the Jan exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the Oct. test as well.

Bio: Worst by far but I expected as much. I only have half a semester of Biology under my belt and probably didn't prepare like I should have.

Chem: I felt like the questions were reasonable and the I was reasonably well prepared. It helped that my organic chem class had just covered some of the material. It would have been nice to have a little extra time to check over my answers.

Verbal/RC: Seemed a lot like, maybe a little easier, than GRE/SAT/ACT stuff. I've always done fine on those.

Essays: I hate these. 30 minutes? Really? It does comfort me that they don't seem to be that highly scrutinized.

Math: I loved every minute. I finished early and had time to check some questions. If I score lower than 95th percentile I'll be disappointed.

Overall I feel ok with it. Hopefully an 80+ composite is in my future. I'm a little worried my scores will come out lopsided.

First writing prompt I didn't completely finish.
The part with vocabulary I was unsure of a lot of the definitions.
I feel like I did fair on the reading comprehension.
The biology I will be upset if I made below a 90 on
The Chem I will also feel bad if I made below a 90
The second prompt I felt good about
The math destroyed me...I had to guess on probably half as time was running out..I talked to a few friends who are in pharmacy that also guess on many of the math and they ended up doing very good. weird huh?

Does anyone know when scores are usually posted? I know it says 6 weeks but have they come out earlier in the past? I can't stand waiting anymore lol

The math destroyed me...I had to guess on probably half as time was running out..I talked to a few friends who are in pharmacy that also guess on many of the math and they ended up doing very good. weird huh?

Does anyone know when scores are usually posted? I know it says 6 weeks but have they come out earlier in the past? I can't stand waiting anymore lol

same except I killed the reading comp..finished w/ 15 min to spare. Wish I could've used that to bank for the math haha

I believe they post them about midway through the fourth week and they usually arrive in the mail the beginning of the fifth week unless you live in Canada.