EthylMethylMan

7+ Year Member
May 19, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know it's wicked early to be thinking about this, but I've been placed on two wait-lists this cycle so far. Last cycle I was placed on two different wait-lists much later in the cycle, and as you can probably guess, they turned out to be rejections. Late-cycle wait-lists are pretty tough to get off of, but have people tended to find success when put on the wait-list earlier in the cycle (like now)? I know every school is different, but I'm just talking general trends.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
It doesn't depend upon timing, but what the dean is looking for, and how good your numbers are.

I know it's wicked early to be thinking about this, but I've been placed on two wait-lists this cycle so far. Last cycle I was placed on two different wait-lists much later in the cycle, and as you can probably guess, they turned out to be rejections. Late-cycle wait-lists are pretty tough to get off of, but have people tended to find success when put on the wait-list earlier in the cycle (like now)? I know every school is different, but I'm just talking general trends.

Reactions: Catalystik

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Early vs late makes no difference where I am.

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Gah, really? That's a bummer. How early is too early to start sending letters of intent/update letters?
Anything before April 30 is too soon. Even then, there is no need to send a love letter if you are holding nowhere (even after traffic day).

Reactions: Goro

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
It doesn't depend upon timing, but what the dean is looking for, and how good your numbers are.
And how you compare to your competition that might have been put on the same wait list at an earlier or later time.
Early vs late makes no difference where I am.
Agreed.

Reactions: Goro