redsox93

2+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Also this is a super small sample size, so take it for what it's worth.

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
With your current GPAs you aren't competitive for MD no matter what your MCAT score is. And your GPAs are pretty low for DO too! Maybe you should consider grade replacement/repair for DO and then shoot for 510+.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: gyngyn

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
This. No med school in the world is doing you any favors by admitting you when the evidence shows that you're a high risk for failing out.

I have a 3.0GPA for both cumulative, and science. What MCAT score or percentile should I aim for to be a good candidate.
Please don't say "aim high" or "the best you can do". I do a range or solid number. Thank you
With your current GPAs you aren't competitive for MD no matter what your MCAT score is. And your GPAs are pretty low for DO too! Maybe you should consider grade replacement/repair for DO and then shoot for 510+.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

OP
P
May 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you all, that inquiry was for on behalf of my friend, and I'm glad to get some opinions and suggestions on his behalf. How do I delete a thread that I posted on here. Im new to this SDN.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
You become a donor to be able to delete threads.

Thank you all, that inquiry was for on behalf of my friend, and I'm glad to get some opinions and suggestions on his behalf. How do I delete a thread that I posted on here. Im new to this SDN.

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
It is against TOS to post as another person.

Reactions: Goro
OP
P
May 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I didn't know this. I won't do it again. I thought of it as a forum where I could get all answers, even on my friend's behalf. I'll tell him to sign up.

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile